BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #23
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanoski View Post
soooooooo, the point is to leave the lights on in a parking garage? i still dont see the point to the one on the right of the 0 in the light switch.
If you park on a road at night, no street lighting, perhaps on a blind summit or near a bend, then you would be wise to use the parking lights. So people don't drive into you. If you park in a garage or car park that has its own lights, no need for parking lights. Every car I've driven for 16 years has had parking lights / side lights. It's not anything new

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #24
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I'm not sure the NA 2012 is necessarily the same thing as the "2012" on this invoice. Different model X3 for a start. As far as I know in the UK there is no 2012 model, they just gradually add or change available options on the existing spec piecemeal over time. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that. I'm new to BMW

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 02:16 AM   #25
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

Congratulation on your new BMW X3
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #26
ivanoski
F25 X3 2.0 Diesel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW x3 20d 8SpdAUTO BLACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertech83 View Post
Congratulation on your new BMW X3
thanks

it is a dream to drive on bad roads, so stable and responsive, especially when making emergency maneuvers to dogde potholes. tested the hill decent on a pavemented incline, really impressed, but was too scared to try it on a rocky looking incline... not confident in the ride height yet ( i drove a sedan before). SOON , i hope to find a way to test the xdrive
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #27
AC888
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman

Quote:
thanks

it is a dream to drive on bad roads, so stable and responsive, especially when making emergency maneuvers to dogde potholes. tested the hill decent on a pavemented incline, really impressed, but was too scared to try it on a rocky looking incline... not confident in the ride height yet ( i drove a sedan before). SOON , i hope to find a way to test the xdrive
Thanks for the positive review
I have a 20d Msport auto, while its a nice car to drive, I found the car a bit too noisy at low speed and idle. is your the noisy?
I have book an appoitment for the dealer to check this out as I think it a bit too rattly.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #28
ivanoski
F25 X3 2.0 Diesel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
Thanks for the positive review
I have a 20d Msport auto, while its a nice car to drive, I found the car a bit too noisy at low speed and idle. is your the noisy?
I have book an appoitment for the dealer to check this out as I think it a bit too rattly.
I am never annoyed by the noise, passengers always tell me the interior is quiet and they cant believe its a diesel (in terms of quietness and acceleration)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 05:57 AM   #29
AC888
Private
Rep

Quote:
I am never annoyed by the noise, passengers always tell me the interior is quiet and they cant believe its a diesel (in terms of quietness and acceleration)
In this case, may be there is something wrong with my car. I will definitely get it check by the dealer and hope they can find a solution. Thanks for your comments.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #30
Seven
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 35d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
From your picture, that isn't the 2012 black trim that is now standard. It should be shiny and not matte. The finish you have is what is in the 2011's. Strange.
Hi All,

I have no clue if the option is available in different countries but the Portuguese BMW configurator has the black trim available as an option and at no extra charge.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #31
Rodion
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
In this case, may be there is something wrong with my car. I will definitely get it check by the dealer and hope they can find a solution. Thanks for your comments.
I too think that 2.0 diesel is a bit noisy and rough runner, it feels and sounds like a "work tool", an earth moving machine or something.

I hope they have added soundproofing for 2012 version.

E.g. Audi Q5 with 2 litre diesel is much less noisy.

I guess it depends what you have used to...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #32
AC888
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodion View Post
I too think that 2.0 diesel is a bit noisy and rough runner, it feels and sounds like a "work tool", an earth moving machine or something.

Its very strange that some found it noisy while other found it quiet. I think some engine are built noisy. whils some of tham made be quieter. Hard to tell why this happened, may be the workmen forgot to fit a piece of soundproofing material when building the cars :- )
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #33
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

There have been posts mentioning sound insulating plugs near the torque converter that seem to fall out easy or not be installed correctly during assembly. Perhaps that's responsible for the noise difference?
      09-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #34
AC888
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukat View Post
There have been posts mentioning sound insulating plugs near the torque converter that seem to fall out easy or not be installed correctly during assembly. Perhaps that's responsible for the noise difference?
Thanks, I will certainly mention this to the dealer, how can I find the post in the forum?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #35
ivanoski
F25 X3 2.0 Diesel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodion View Post

I like the kinda trucky sound it makes, especially when the turbo spools

wish i could make the turbo noisier, is there any way to accomplish this?
Appreciate 0