BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

BMW cheating on their promotional photos and videos of the new x3

Bastards.... BMW is hyping up the Look of the new x3 by at least employing staggered setup for their new x3 xline....... don't believe me..? Count the directional grooves on the tires for both the front and back wheels...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 12:02 AM   #2
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
The LCI can be ordered with staggered tires. When the X3 first came out in 2011 you could also get the staggered tires. They discontinued them after the first year and now brought them back for the LCI.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 03:17 AM   #3
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

The wider rear tires are standard in the UK on 19" rims.

The down side with it is lack of tire choice and no all season tires at all!

It does look good though!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
Drossleep
Rep
Drives: BMW 2015 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
The LCI can be ordered with staggered tires. When the X3 first came out in 2011 you could also get the staggered tires. They discontinued them after the first year and now brought them back for the LCI.
The Xline does not standardly come with staggered wheels. It comes with wheel style 608. Looking at the pricing guide the same size is for front and rear.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drossleep View Post
The Xline does not standardly come with staggered wheels. It comes with wheel style 608. Looking at the pricing guide the same size is for front and rear.
In the U.K they can be ordered (that is where the original poster is from).
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 03:11 AM   #6
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Bottom line.... being in the US, if i want the same exact vehicle depicted in the photos roaming around, i cant....! no matter how much i beg or curse..!!!!!

By the way the photos running around were taken in a desert area in the U.S...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Renaud
Private
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 20i; 2002 E36/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
Bastards.... BMW is hyping up the Look of the new x3 by at least employing staggered setup for their new x3 xline....... don't believe me..? Count the directional grooves on the tires for both the front and back wheels...
To avoid such comments (which imho are a bit over the top), there is usually a disclaimer in brochures, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #8
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
To avoid such comments (which imho are a bit over the top), there is usually a disclaimer in brochures, etc.
There are no brochures yet... just videos and photos which by the way, have no disclaimers...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
slawing
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
There are no brochures yet... just videos and photos which by the way, have no disclaimers...
The videos and photos are on a site clearly marked as "en", not US. In fact, if you go to that site and select configurator and then select United States, it takes you to the US site where there is no mention of the 2015 X3.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #10
Renaud
Private
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Well, in that case, you will most probably be able to find a lawyer who will be willing to defend your "case" for a modest fee
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 03:26 AM   #11
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, in that case, you will most probably be able to find a lawyer who will be willing to defend your "case" for a modest fee
yeah maybe ill do that.... or maybe i can share my observations with others so they can make better decisions based on facts and not on "fish hook" tactics used by car manufacturers...

if you didn't find these observations useful, you are more than welcome to roll along... you sarcasm is of little or no use here...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 03:41 AM   #12
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slawing View Post
The videos and photos are on a site clearly marked as "en", not US. In fact, if you go to that site and select configurator and then select United States, it takes you to the US site where there is no mention of the 2015 X3.
You sure about tha buddy....?

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte.../Default.aspx#

There is good info in the US Site...

If you go to the test drive section you can test drive a new 28D X3....

https://www.bmwusa.com/secured/conte...type=testdrive

and apparently you can build one too...

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...spx?Series=X3#

just few clicks bro...!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #13
slawing
Rep
Drives: X3

At the time I wrote it, I was correct. The US configurator for 2015 X3 just went live yesterday afternoon. It's was bad yesterday, and better today, but still not complete. I talked to a sales rep yesterday and he has access to configure a X3 with options beyond what is shown on the configurator. Bottom line, I think the on-line configurator is good for getting an idea of what you want, but a visit with a good sales rep is the best way to finalize a configuration and costs.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 05:22 AM   #14
Renaud
Private
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
yeah maybe ill do that.... or maybe i can share my observations with others so they can make better decisions based on facts and not on "fish hook" tactics used by car manufacturers...

if you didn't find these observations useful, you are more than welcome to roll along... you sarcasm is of little or no use here...
I am impressed are there really people out there who buy BMWs on the sole basis of manufacturer's pictures??
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 02:50 AM   #15
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slawing View Post
At the time I wrote it, I was correct. The US configurator for 2015 X3 just went live yesterday afternoon. It's was bad yesterday, and better today, but still not complete. I talked to a sales rep yesterday and he has access to configure a X3 with options beyond what is shown on the configurator. Bottom line, I think the on-line configurator is good for getting an idea of what you want, but a visit with a good sales rep is the best way to finalize a configuration and costs.
The configuration did go live that day, but there where already news and press releases in other areas of the site... BMWusa.com has other areas of information available to the public. i got the High Def photos a week before from BMWusa.com

the configuration is broken even to BMW internally... i told him the sales person in Wurzburg i wanted every option available... and he was able to do it... minus the staggered setup... he told me i could get it but it would have to be an after sales purchase... which meant i would have 6 wheels total... He asked me if i was interested in German Spec model and that it had deeper configuration options..... He had tons of high def pictures from the UK model and they have Euro models for test driving but although they do have staggered wheels they still dont look quite like the one in the pictures.... it seems like maybe the vehicle height and wheels were altered quite a bit for the photo shoot...

He really explained to me that each country has a its own market requirements and options, and that BMW AG just builds what is asked from the different markets....

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 04-10-2014 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 03:09 AM   #16
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am impressed are there really people out there who buy BMWs on the sole basis of manufacturer's pictures??
one of the strongest reasons i bought my 335i is because of the way it looked... the car was exactly the way it was portrayed by BMW when i purchased it... they didn't have to "beef" the looks to create a ballooned impression...

and yes, there are people out there that buy vehicles for all sorts of reasons however hard to understand they may seem to be....

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 04-10-2014 at 03:17 AM..
Appreciate 0