BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-14-2014, 02:54 AM   #375
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

BMW Brochure

Requested a brochure from Knights BMW, before I ordered the car, and about 2mths after I ordered it arrived and was 2014 edition.

New brochure just arrived in post - car arrives next week - anyway 2014 again useful.. perhaps they are using 607 wheel money on overprinting brochures...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 03:51 AM   #376
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Requested a brochure from Knights BMW, before I ordered the car, and about 2mths after I ordered it arrived and was 2014 edition.

New brochure just arrived in post - car arrives next week - anyway 2014 again useful.. perhaps they are using 607 wheel money on overprinting brochures...
Or use that there internet thingy https://www.bmw.co.uk/dam/brandBM/ma...f.download.pdf
      11-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #377
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
It seems that there are different routes taken from what I can see looking at the ship rosters.

Some seem to go from USA with first stop at Southampton then off down Africa/Mid East

Others seem to do all the eastern seaboard of US then do a couple of stops in mainland Europe before doing Southampton on the way back

And then it's got to get out the port ... Up to Thorne then off to the dealer ... So yes this pessimist will probably be retired before he sees his car !
From what I've read, the route from the US goes to Bremerhaven first for customs and some prep work. Thorne doesn't appear to be the main BMW distribution place so cars can go directly from Southampton to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #378
firstrest
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
I can easily go off people :-|

You had all that time and no post to show us your spoils or hear your thoughts..

What model/spec did you get?
I'd assumed they'd ramped up production, as the dealer told me they'd had problems at the factory. It seems I just got lucky.

I've got a 20d SE with Pro nav, sun-roof, HUD, Xenons, Business sound system, reversing camera, heated everything and privacy glass.

I've had an Audi A3, A4 cabriolet and a Merc SLK in the past and this is undoubtedly the best car I've ever had. I LOVE it!! Definitely a BMW convert.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #379
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstrest View Post
I'd assumed they'd ramped up production, as the dealer told me they'd had problems at the factory. It seems I just got lucky.

I've got a 20d SE with Pro nav, sun-roof, HUD, Xenons, Business sound system, reversing camera, heated everything and privacy glass.

I've had an Audi A3, A4 cabriolet and a Merc SLK in the past and this is undoubtedly the best car I've ever had. I LOVE it!! Definitely a BMW convert.
Very nice.. really glad you like it. I have had audis and volvos and never even driven a BMW so waiting to see if I will be oo... Any pics would love to see it..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 09:17 AM   #380
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
I do like this internet but wanted the book. I actually ordered before the internet thingy came on line though ;-)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 09:40 AM   #381
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X4 30d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianlad View Post
This issue has been about since at least mid-July. Beggars belief it's still an issue. Should have been long sorted, option removed from Configurator and suitably replaced to the satisfaction of those affected, rather than the take it or leave it attitude that seems to be adopted for most.
May be old news but anyway.
For those of you (like me) have the VIN number of your new car can go to www.bmwarchive.org click on VIN in the menu and type in the last 7 chars in the VIN. If your car has been built you will get a complete list of all options fitted on your car including the style of the wheels along with a computer generated "photo" of the car and interior. It's the same list that the dealers have access to.
AFAIK, what's on that list should be fitted on the car!

BTW You'll also be presented with a production day (it is said that that's the day when the chassis was "married" to the drive train).

If the result is some weird data from some old BMW from way back, I think that means that your car hasn't been built yet (BMW re-use the last part of the VIN no's after 30 yrs or so).
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #382
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
I do like this internet but wanted the book. I actually ordered before the internet thingy came on line though ;-)
There is a stack of them at my local dealer if you want one I'll go and get you one

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #383
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Wheel gate part deux !!!

Ok so ...

I spoke to my sales guy today and emailed a copy of the correspondence from bmw uk as posted above re the discontinuance of the 607 wheels

He stated that my car is now confirmed status 1100 with the 607 wheels with a build at beginning of February !!

He stated that if there was still a problem then it would have been bounced by the factory and gone status 500 but it hasn't and has been accepted for production with the 607 wheels.

He then spoke direct to bmw uk product team at Bracknell to allay my concerns, who confirmed to him that the restriction has been lifted and my car will be built with the 607 wheels.

He stated that he understood my concerns but that everything is on course...

So .... Discuss !

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #384
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
Seen a couple now.

One was actually picking someone up from my office the other week - black M Sport model. Saw a white one parked outside Halfords as well.

Still a rare sight generally.
HALFORDS ...... Surely you mean HARRODs ... Our cars are far to rare for an out of town retail park !

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #385
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
my car will be built with the 607 wheels.
Good news Andy_o, really happy for you. And a little bit jealous too.
      11-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #386
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ok so ...

So .... Discuss !
Honestly trying to be happy you. Honestly .. :-)

Just means not only am i missing out, BMW fleet UK have fed a line that wheels are discontinued..

All I got as compensation is some plastic mats ... stinks.. As a first time BMW owner not quite how I expected it to be at all... arrogant pr!cks..

Last edited by bounderboy; 11-14-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #387
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Good news Andy_o, really happy for you. And a little bit jealous too.
But ... Who will have the last laugh ... it ain't over till the xline rolls ?

On 607's 605's or bricks ?.... Can't say I'm 100% convinced to be honest

Time will tell

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #388
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
But ... Who will have the last laugh ... it ain't over till the xline rolls ?

On 607's 605's or bricks ?.... Can't say I'm 100% convinced to be honest

Time will tell
Joking aside I of course want you to receive the 607's. However I was told that they were discontinued so one of the options I gave of swapping wheels when they are available was shut down dead because they don't exist, never will ever..

It's been a long week but considering ringing round to see what XC60's are in stock..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 01:17 AM   #389
WatchThis!
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d SE

Quote:
It looks like the day has finally come - car is being Delivered next Thursday.. still doesn't feel close enough.. but something to get me through next week!
You win! Mines being delivered next week so still another 10 days or so to wait....
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #390
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis! View Post
You win! Mines being delivered next week so still another 10 days or so to wait....
Well I am glad it is coming of course - hopefully they bring yours forward a little too..

Called in to Knights in Stoke today and did a driveby - not one X3 LCI I could see.. So still not seen an X-line in the flesh yet!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #391
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Joking aside I of course want you to receive the 607's. However I was told that they were discontinued so one of the options I gave of swapping wheels when they are available was shut down dead because they don't exist, never will ever..

It's been a long week but considering ringing round to see what XC60's are in stock..
Thanks bb I've not actually seen the blinking wheels in real life ... All this fuss I hope they are worth it !!

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #392
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Well I am glad it is coming of course - hopefully they bring yours forward a little too..

Called in to Knights in Stoke today and did a driveby - not one X3 LCI I could see.. So still not seen an X-line in the flesh yet!
There must have been a boatload in last week as you are getting yours and I saw four at my local dealer .. Three for lex and one in the showroom

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 06:07 AM   #393
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
There must have been a boatload in last week as you are getting yours and I saw four at my local dealer .. Three for lex and one in the showroom
Either they had been delivered or were in a compound I couldn't see - not even one in showroom- T-4 days
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #394
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Either they had been delivered or were in a compound I couldn't see - not even one in showroom- T-4 days
A black SE pulled out in front of me last night on the way home from work I followed it for a couple of miles ...dreaming but it too looked box fresh and brand new .. Interestingly it too had LEX plates on it

Maybe there was a special boatload just for LEX as of the few I have seen they have all been LEX cars

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 03:40 AM   #395
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
A black SE pulled out in front of me last night on the way home from work I followed it for a couple of miles ...dreaming but it too looked box fresh and brand new .. Interestingly it too had LEX plates on it

Maybe there was a special boatload just for LEX as of the few I have seen they have all been LEX cars
T-3 days - Did it look good in Black. Not seen many on here at all.

Driving around in a fiesta courtesy car at the moment while current car is fixed.. making wait even longer..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 03:42 AM   #396
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
T-3 days - Did it look good in Black. Not seen many on here at all.

Driving around in a fiesta courtesy car at the moment while current car is fixed.. making wait even longer..
Actually I was very disappointed in it !!! Looked awful

He jokes !

Appreciate 0