BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #1387
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Ah, I think that we only paid £1000 deposit.... So "loosable" if a bigger discount was achieved (if that makes sense).

Good luck with clarification - things are a bit confusing...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #1388
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

For those who care ... and realistically I don't expect that to be anyone, but I really do appreciate all the feedback it’s all very helpful and gratefully received …

... the dealer has just called me to let me know that he has apparently managed to update my order to include 6NR without impacting the delivery date.

On a side note, he also informed me that there is a chance that 6NR will be available as a dealer fit, but that is unconfirmed at this time and is currently not available.

... of course, the cynic in me wonders whether they have actually managed to change the order or are just going to do it as an unofficial retrofit ...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #1389
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Hhhhmmm. Good news though?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #1390
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

/me nods

It would have been a shame not to have had it.

Time for a posting on x3orevoque.co.uk I think!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #1391
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
my deposit exceeds even the best discount I have heard of here
Wow... either you've not read too widely or you've been somewhat conned into placing a huge deposit! might we ask how much?

P.S. Great news on the 6NR change. If the status was indeed 1100 when the change was made, this is exactly as expected
      03-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #1392
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw View Post
Wow... either you've not read too widely or you've been somewhat conned into placing a huge deposit!
Its also possible it might be and rather than or ...

Last edited by Horsey; 03-22-2012 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #1393
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Quote:
My order is still 1100 and 3 weeks before it is scheduled to go into build.

I tried to add 6NR yesterday and was told that I would be pushed back 13 weeks if I did ...WTF

I thought you could change spec until the order was locked about a week before build...

I too made two spec changes mid order and, like others, with the confidence of members feedback I told the dealer to 'press the button'. On both occasions the delivery stayed the same. I think you can change up until just a few days before production, and so long as you are not changing engine, you will be OK
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #1394
Aubec
Registered
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 on order...

My car was ordered through the company fleet manager in November, gave me a June delivery and they also claim not to be able to change the spec (To ADD options and give them more money for goodness sake!) without going to the back of the queue again. VERY annoying when you have no direct contact with the dealer to challenge it
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #1395
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335D MSport 2016

Garage List
Mine arrived

Love it so far, the only thing that seems a little cheap is the hard plastic trim on the inside of the hatch, infact the whole rear door seems a little on the thin side, I guess weight had to be saved somewhere!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #1396
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Hi Plob

Thanks for ythis and the photos too

I have comfort access ordered too and CANNOT wait! I have a two year old boy and always seem to have my hands full and also juggling car keys. So this feature will help me no end!

Hope that you are still loving it and can't wait for mine (although it will be a few months yet!)

QT

Quote:
Originally Posted by plob View Post
Hi QT
I managed to clean the car up this morning and have posted a few photos on the photo/video section of this site. It is strange how the car appears black most of the time but is very noticeably blue when the sun hits it. I like...

One thing I noticed this morning is how sensitive the comfort access is. I am assuming it is using a capacitive touch sensor in the door. Every time I turned my hose pipe on the area of the door handle, it would unlock the car as if it sensed my hand there. Weird.

I'm still loving the car. I like how easy it is to clean - especially the wheels. It is easy to get a brush through the spokes to clean the inside of the wheel rims too.

The comfort access is (IMHO) the "mutt's taters". I tried getting into another car the other day and nearly pulled the handle off the door by mistake

I made my first use of the BMW assist service yesterday when I was trying to find a pharmacy that actually opens on a Saturday. I caused some confusion at first when the car put me through to the emergency call centre. I assured them that this wasn't an emergency and we confirmed that I had selected the right option from iDrive so there was much scratching of heads all round.
I tried again and got through to the right place this time. They were really helpful and found one for me and sent it to my car so I could find my way there. The pharmacy didn't exist in the end but they were at the mercy of what they were being told by the interweb.

I'm interested to find out if I can get the tail lights to come on as daytime running lights too (I did this on my Audi) so that I can run with those luverly angel eyes on for longer. The headlights come on a bit too early for my liking but this is not a big problem.

Despite all the bells, whistles and options that I put on the car, I just seem to enjoy driving the thing. The car is not a real head turner (which is fine by me) but I just love the ride and how relaxing things are. I still keep inventing journeys to nowhere just to see how far away it is.

Cheers for now
Plob
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #1397
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

It's all gone quite here ...

Maybe we need something to put the thread back on page 1.

So, I phoned to check up on status ... nothing changed, still at week 16 ...

But what the dealer did forget to tell me is that I am now status 1200 ... yay!

A step forward ... doesn't really count as news as it happened on the 23/03 ...
Humbug ... missed a day in the life of my new car ... d'oh!

... will she/he/it ever forgive me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #1398
baldyboy30
Rep
Drives: Mini Countryman All4

Quote:
It's all gone quite here ...

Maybe we need something to put the thread back on page 1.

But what the dealer did forget to tell me is that I am now status 1200 ... yay!

A step forward ... doesn't really count as news as it happened on the 23/03 ...
Humbug ... missed a day in the life of my new car ... d'oh!

... will she/he/it ever forgive me.
Hi when and where did you order yours from?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #1399
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looks like your car might be built a couple of weeks early. Usually status 1200 happens only one or two weeks before build, if this happened a week ago, I'd expect your car will be built next week or maybe even end of this - i.e. 2/3 weeks early. Exactly the same happened with mine and couple others on the board. Fingers crossed for you!
      03-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #1400
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

dnw: A couple of weeks early ... even though it says week 16 build?

That would be so amazing, but I won't hold my breath ... I am not that lucky normally.

It would really help as scheduled delivery is currently after my MOT on the Jeep runs out so I would prefer to complete before the end of May ... or sooner obviously!

baldyboy: I ordered it on 13th Feb.

... now I mention it, I can't believe I have managed to make it this far ... pathetic really ... whoever said waiting was half the fun needs help!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #1401
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
dnw: A couple of weeks early ... even though it says week 16 build?
Seems it changed to status 1200 last week - which was week 12 - I'd be suprised if that was 4 weeks before build. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes through a couple of weeks early. Also yours has delivery 7 weeks after build week, usually they quote 6 and you actually get it in 5... so if you get your overdue share of luck you'll get it built two weeks early and delivered another 2 weeks early, so maybe 3-4 in total... keep us updated!
      03-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #1402
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

From your lips to gods ears ...
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #1403
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

very interesting to see the status of your order Horsey. Do keep us updated indeed !
Having ordered early March, I too had a tentative build date of Week 16.
I will ask my dealer tomorrow for a similar screen print out to check the status of my order.
As dnw says, if the build date is any earlier, I will be over the moon which means it might delivered in May !!

Agree its the waiting that is the killer
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #1404
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I feel like a little kid in a car asking their parents "are we there yet?" every time I call the dealer.

How many times a day do you think is too much?
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #1405
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Is 3 times a day too much?
usually at 10am..1pm n 5pm? ;-)

Been officially barred by swmbo from calling too often lol but I know exactly what you mean
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #1406
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

MY 2013 Car Configuration on UK website

Just checking the car configurator on the UK website and am glad to see that the MY 2013 is now active.

Its interesting to see that the Lane Departure system is £400 with Sports Steering for £90, I am now tempted to go for that.
As is known to members on the forum, the Drive Performance Control as standard
Might give the dealer a call tomorrow to get the changes made and check the status of the build
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #1407
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Reading the thread from our US cousins ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedWisdom View Post
Ordered on 3/24 scheduled to be completed tomorrow 4/3
Correct me if I am wrong, but that like 2 weeks from order to build!

WTF?

My order was more like 9 or 10 weeks between order and build … and still waiting ...

/me grinds his teeth

I know ... deep breaths and think 35D.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #1408
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

On the other hand ... unless I haven't been paying attention, there seem to be a lot of us with week 16 builds ... do you think they are batching the UK builds?
Appreciate 0