BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

X3 ordered, finally

After comparing it with Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI, Lexus RX270, and Mercedes ML300 W164, finally we decided to get the X3 Xdrive 20d.
The RX270 is bigger and has more features, but it feels like just another expensive Toyota.
The M-class is priced very similar to the X3 mainly because it is about to be replaced very soon. GLK is not offered here, so there is no direct competitor from Mercedes.
BMW is the only one who has diesel offering. Audi only available with the 2.0 petrol, weird since they have diesel on the Q7.
The downside, as with any other brands here, I can't really fully customized the car like you guys. All we can customize is exterior color and leather color. Can't even customize the exterior/interior trim. For the X3, there are 2 packages; business and executive.
Here's my order details and the options that came with the executive package

- Sapphire black exterior
- Nevada black interior with contrast stitching
- Black exterior trim
- Satin silver interior trim
- Bi-xenon headlights
- Electrical folding exterior mirror, automatic anti-dazzle function
- Panoramic glass roof
- Electrical seat adjustment with memory
- Lighting package
- Interior rearview mirror with anti-dazzle function
- Radio BMW professional (not navigation)
- BMW HiFi Loudspeaker system, 12 loudspeakers, digital power amplifier 205 watts
- Bluetooth handsfree facility

Options that can't be ordered and I'd love to have:
- Navigation: sales said no maps available for the navigation, hence it is not offered here. It is disappointing since brands like Toyota, Nissan are starting to offer Navigation with their vehicles.
- Automatic tailgate: nice to have, but i guess not really necessary. The Audi has it, but no panoramic roof.

Now the wait begins..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
AC888
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman

Smile Congratualation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertech83 View Post
After comparing it with Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI, Lexus RX270, and Mercedes ML300 W164, finally we decided to get the X3 Xdrive 20d.
The RX270 is bigger and has more features, but it feels like just another expensive Toyota.
The M-class is priced very similar to the X3 mainly because it is about to be replaced very soon. GLK is not offered here, so there is no direct competitor from Mercedes.
BMW is the only one who has diesel offering. Audi only available with the 2.0 petrol, weird since they have diesel on the Q7.
The downside, as with any other brands here, I can't really fully customized the car like you guys. All we can customize is exterior color and leather color. Can't even customize the exterior/interior trim. For the X3, there are 2 packages; business and executive.
Here's my order details and the options that came with the executive package

- Sapphire black exterior
- Nevada black interior with contrast stitching
- Black exterior trim
- Satin silver interior trim
- Bi-xenon headlights
- Electrical folding exterior mirror, automatic anti-dazzle function
- Panoramic glass roof
- Electrical seat adjustment with memory
- Lighting package
- Interior rearview mirror with anti-dazzle function
- Radio BMW professional (not navigation)
- BMW HiFi Loudspeaker system, 12 loudspeakers, digital power amplifier 205 watts
- Bluetooth handsfree facility

Options that can't be ordered and I'd love to have:
- Navigation: sales said no maps available for the navigation, hence it is not offered here. It is disappointing since brands like Toyota, Nissan are starting to offer Navigation with their vehicles.
- Automatic tailgate: nice to have, but i guess not really necessary. The Audi has it, but no panoramic roof.

Now the wait begins..
How much is the car cost where you are?
The comparison seems odd as RX and ML should be more expensive and upmarket and they are all petrol/
Did you test drive the car, is there any advantage for owning a low emmission car like the X3 20D in Indonesia?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
pyramid
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Serpent S966

Garage List
Various Various  [0.00]
Quote:
Now the wait begins..
Congrats, I thought X3 20d executive are ready stock. Nice car
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
pyramid
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Various Various  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
The comparison seems odd as RX and ML should be more expensive and upmarket and they are all petrol/
Did you test drive the car, is there any advantage for owning a low emmission car like the X3 20D in Indonesia?
These data should be close, all prices BEFORE road tax (cheapest is +11%, and most expensive is +16%, depends on which city),

X3 xdrive 20d executive = 103k.
Rx270 = usd86K.
ML350 sport = usd125k >> can get heavy discount, +-10%.
X1 sdrive 20d = usd80k
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
There are 2 versions of this RX, the one sold by the authorized dealer (Lexus Indonesia), and the one sold by private importer. RX270 was initially unavailable by Lexus Indonesia as they only sell the RX350. It is said the RX270 will be launched during the indonesian auto show next month for about $109k with all the taxes. I don't know the optional extras for the car.
The version sold by the private importers has 2 models, Luxury and Ultimate (different in optional extras)
RX270 Luxury is about $109k, the ultimate is about $115k.

ML300 has just been launched early this year to accompany the bigger ML350. I don't get why though. Launching a variant of the W164 M-class that will be discontinued soon and replaced with W166.
ML300 is about $121k with taxes.

BMW X3 20d is $113k with taxes.

Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI is $109k with taxes.

Yes, RX and ML is more upmarket than the X3, but maybe it is priced cheaper because of 4cyl petrol for the RX, and it is almost end of lifecycle for the ML. I don't think I can get the future ML (W166) for that price.

The only advantages of the X3 is cheaper annual road tax for small displacement engine (2.0L vs 2.7L/3.0L). Besides, we were looking for a more economical car from the car we're driving right now (ML 320 W163). My family don't seem to like the RX, they say it is bigger but it's rather bland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Congrats, I thought X3 20d executive are ready stock. Nice car
Thanks. Apparently they sold all the ready stock cars. Didn't think it'll be sold that fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
These data should be close, all prices BEFORE road tax (cheapest is +11%, and most expensive is +16%, depends on which city),

X3 xdrive 20d executive = 103k.
Rx270 = usd86K.
ML350 sport = usd125k >> can get heavy discount, +-10%.
X1 sdrive 20d = usd80k
ML300 is cheaper than the ML350, the list price before tax is around $109k

Where did you see the RX270 so cheap? Most of the listings I've seen are selling them above $100k
They are even still selling the previous gen RX, badged as Toyota Harrier, for $86k with tax.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
pyramid
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Various Various  [0.00]
Quote:
Where did you see the RX270 so cheap? Most of the listings I've seen are selling them above $100k
They are even still selling the previous gen RX, badged as Toyota Harrier, for $86k with tax.
My neighbor just got his this month (after 2 months waiting), Rx270 ultimate, about usd86k before taxes in Surabaya city. Maybe now price going up due to inventory shortage for imported Japs car.
Appreciate 0