BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
6HAW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 30d MSport

Investigating Towbar Retrofit - Anyone Have Access to ASAP??

So, after a couple of months X3 ownership, I've finally plucked up courage to make a post....

I purchased a delivery mileage ex-demo and sacrificed the towbar option that I would have gone with on a new order for a great discount.

Now needing a towbar again, I am at the point of looking at retrofit options including the same electric swivelling towbar option that comes factory-fitted.

I have managed to find the parts on realOEM.com and it appears to comprise the Swivelling Towing Hitch 71606799157 and a Retrofit Kit (electrical additional parts) 71602183704.

I would really like to see some installation instructions to find out what exactly is involved with the retrofit (my local stealer is quoting 5.5 hours which seems excessive?)

Apparently the instructions are on the BMW AfterSales Assistance Portal (ASAP - EBA 2209045). Having asked the dealer they were "unable" to give me this information, although they were quite willing for me to order up the parts at £1350!!

A couple of questions....
(i) Has anyone gone down this more expensive OEM towbar part route rather than aftermarket and how did they find the experience?
(ii) Does anyone have access to ASAP and could they help me view EBA 2209045??
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Here ya go... enjoy.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=572155
      05-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
6HAW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 30d MSport

Sorry, meant to add, this is the Westfalia electric swivelling tow hitch fitted in Europe I am enquiring about....
Appreciate 0