BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #23
Le Chef
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

The truth about Chicago

Chicago became known as the "Windy City" not because of the wind, but because of its politicians who LOVED to talk. It's a great city to live in. I've been here for 15 years and wouldn't swap. And I've been fortunate to live in Amsterdam, London, Milan, and Paris before coming over here.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #24
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I had a couple of days in Chicago and loved it. Did Sears (willis) tower and the glass platform - awesome. Also great to see the distinct look of the streets that I've seen in films. And that prison where the prisoners are in the top floor and you can see them looking down

I haven't actually just blown in. It was a couple of years ago but we'll be back for sure. Every time a Chicagoan XBimmer mentions the wind, I have the Calamity Jane song in my head for a while, hence the quote

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #25
Waffle
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
For those who already have their X3's, if you were ordering again tomorrow what options would you order in addition to your spec and/or what options would you delete

I would drop:

Xline package (not happy with rear trim)

I would add:

Matt aluminium exterior trim (not available when I ordered)
Internet (not available when I ordered)
309 19" alloys
Performance control (salesman missed off my order)
30d (not available when I ordered)

I would still order Black/Oyster and Sienna combo

Would consider M sport but think I would end up spending extra on the 30d performance rather than sport styling
Good question but the more difficult question would be what options would you delete to afford the options you wish you had ordered.

I wish I had up rated the sound system and added the rear view camera / folding mirrors.

The standard sound system isn't a disaster just not up to my previous Audi. I probably wouldn't have mentioned the rear view camera if I hadn't had loan cars with this option fitted.

I could have afforded these by dropping the 19" wheels but it would have been a tough call.

BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE
black sapphire | black nevada leather | wave wood | 19" double spoke alloys | xline | xenons | business advanced media package | electric seats | dab | extended storage | grey shade band | auto
Appreciate 0