BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
ssbrad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i (arriving soon?)

Picking up tomorrow morning...

ordered early February from the dealer's last allocation for February and have been slightly obsessively tracking on the BMW site.... The BMW production video was a great touch.

Details are 28i with:

Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Xenons, Satellite Radio.

Black with Chestnut and Fineline Wave

My first BMW and really looking forward to picking up (confirming that my color combination wasn't a bad choice) and driving her!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
xenonf30
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbrad View Post
ordered early February from the dealer's last allocation for February and have been slightly obsessively tracking on the BMW site.... The BMW production video was a great touch.

Details are 28i with:

My first BMW and really looking forward to picking up (confirming that my color combination wasn't a bad choice) and driving her!
Awesome man!! I got the last of my dealers allocation and mine should be arriving at the end of this month. Did you decide to pass on the Sport Activity Package or was it not in the budget?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Woo hoooo!

Enjoy your new car, ssbrad.

I sound way more materialistic and shallow that I think I really am when I say this, but I love my BMWs. We ordered the first one having never driven any car of that caliber before and were totally blown away. We might have benefitted from having near zero expectations, so everything was a bonus. Maybe there are better cars out there, but BMWs have become the definition of cars for us. They do what we need them to and they perform in a way that just makes us smile -- not to mention having saved the bacon a couple times. We'll get blown away off the line by a Porsche Turbo or a Subaru sometimes, but generally when it comes to high speed precision handling, nobody stays with us.

I hope you enjoy yours!!
      03-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
Inrex
Rep
Drives: E61 535d M and E87 120d M

You will not be disappointed. I always try new cars and always end up with a BMW. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
bsilk904
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 2.8 Sap Black

Quote:

Details are 28i with:

Good luck pal , I ordered same combo . First for me too. How does chestnut look in person? Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #6
ssbrad
United_States
Rep

WOW! Have now returned with my new X3 and am THRILLED! This is one time where all CAPS are needed.

First, the technology in this car is out of control. The "cockpit" and the intuitiveness of the controls, from the iDrive to the steering wheel, to the voice controls is just spot on. It will take some getting used to all of the different options and functions, but so far everything just "makes sense."

Second, the driveability is tremendous. Now I am coming out of a Range Rover so there are vast differences but I can tell that I will love driving in the X3. The 28i is plenty of power (and I had a lot of concerns that I made a mistake after ordering) but there is plenty of power on tap and I found myself having to slow down several times on the highway drive home. Handling is similarly great and as my son (9 years old) said "I can't believe we took that turn like that".

Third, the interior color with the contrasted stitching looks GREAT and I have no regrets on ordering the black and chestnut combination.

In terms of what I ordered and what I didn't, so far no second guessing at this point. I had spent a lot of time picking the options and for me, it works. (okay truth be told, I might have ordered the premium stereo option but the standard version is certainly good enough).

For those keeping score from my earlier posts, I ended up buying the JM&A/Fidelity 7 years/70k platinum coverage (it was really cheap) and the wheel and tire insurance (which I probably didn't really need).

Will continue to post with more driving thoughts as I put more miles on.

Thanks folks for your kind comments!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Another pleased owner (100% success rate so far!)

Pictures would be great if you get chance to share

Enjoy the JOY

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #8
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
WOW! Have now returned with my new X3 and am THRILLED! This is one time where all CAPS are needed.

First, the technology in this car is out of control. The "cockpit" and the intuitiveness of the controls, from the iDrive to the steering wheel, to the voice controls is just spot on. It will take some getting used to all of the different options and functions, but so far everything just "makes sense."

Second, the driveability is tremendous. Now I am coming out of a Range Rover so there are vast differences but I can tell that I will love driving in the X3. The 28i is plenty of power (and I had a lot of concerns that I made a mistake after ordering) but there is plenty of power on tap and I found myself having to slow down several times on the highway drive home. Handling is similarly great and as my son (9 years old) said "I can't believe we took that turn like that".

Third, the interior color with the contrasted stitching looks GREAT and I have no regrets on ordering the black and chestnut combination.

In terms of what I ordered and what I didn't, so far no second guessing at this point. I had spent a lot of time picking the options and for me, it works. (okay truth be told, I might have ordered the premium stereo option but the standard version is certainly good enough).

For those keeping score from my earlier posts, I ended up buying the JM&A/Fidelity 7 years/70k platinum coverage (it was really cheap) and the wheel and tire insurance (which I probably didn't really need).

Will continue to post with more driving thoughts as I put more miles on.

Thanks folks for your kind comments!
Awesome!

Can you go over the last part of your post?

The plat coverage and wheel insurance? I am gonna be financing the car, but would rather get insurance/warranty elsewhere (if possible) and it seems you did.

Care to tell us how this works?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #9
ssbrad
United_States
Rep

Responding to flash3, I did the extended warranty and wheel and tire insurance through the dealer finance office.

The extended warranty was from fidelity/JM&A and after reviewing the contract (which is cancellable), the coverage, and general reviews about JM&A (and friends that have had good experiences with it), I decided to go with that coverage instead of the BMW brand extended warranty. BMW brand was considerably more money (and while I'm cognizant of you get what you pay for), the fidelity/JM&A has more flexibility and the coverage itself was comparable. I'm planning on keeping the X3 for 5 to 6 years and didn't want to have to worry about coverage after year 4.

The tire and wheel warranty is the BMW brand version and also purchased it from dealer finance office. This is my first car with run flat tires and I am a little concerned that NE potholes might otherwise causing premature death to these tires (thus the reason I went with the coverage).

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #10
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Responding to flash3, I did the extended warranty and wheel and tire insurance through the dealer finance office.

The extended warranty was from fidelity/JM&A and after reviewing the contract (which is cancellable), the coverage, and general reviews about JM&A (and friends that have had good experiences with it), I decided to go with that coverage instead of the BMW brand extended warranty. BMW brand was considerably more money (and while I'm cognizant of you get what you pay for), the fidelity/JM&A has more flexibility and the coverage itself was comparable. I'm planning on keeping the X3 for 5 to 6 years and didn't want to have to worry about coverage after year 4.

The tire and wheel warranty is the BMW brand version and also purchased it from dealer finance office. This is my first car with run flat tires and I am a little concerned that NE potholes might otherwise causing premature death to these tires (thus the reason I went with the coverage).

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the detailed response!

I am in your boat, as I too want to keep the car for at least 6 years. And I more than likely will take the wheel/tire insurance from them (not sure how much it is, as I can't find a price listing online).

But the extended warranty (after 4 years/50k) is what I am on the fence on right now. I definitely want to get coverage on it after 4 years but in looking at the information online (http://resource.bmwusa.com/pdf_3927f...458c3059d.arox) it seems that I can purchase the plan from them anytime during the life of the 4 years, please correct me if I am wrong. And they have a few choices but no pricing. lol

It seems that you purchased a very similar extended warranty to take over after the 4 years, eh? What sort of things does it not cover, per say? I'd be interested in going the other route (as you did) since you said it's cheaper but in terms of getting a repair and filing a claim and everything is what is bothering me.

Maybe you can provide some more info? Additionally, the coverage you bought from JM&A, can it also be bought from AllState or StateFarm or Geico?

Thanks in advance and sorry about the rant.
Appreciate 0