BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #45
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

I still say the throttle tip-in delay is a design flaw.

I've mentioned this before but, "would it be OK if BMW designed the brakes not to apply right away because you (the driver) wanted to waste kinetic energy thereby increasing fuel consumption"
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #46
TreeSkier
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWs View Post
Had our X3 35i at dealer to install hitch and mentioned about the throttle lag/jumpy throttle. The performed a TSB on it to reprogram the throttle. It is much improved with a more linear response now. I highly recommend getting it done. The info on my paperwork says SIB 24 02 12, DME EGS Software Calibration.
I had this done to my 2011 X3 35i today, they actually kept it an extra day as the software update takes so much time to complete, test and calibrate. About 6 months ago, they told me the acceleration was normal and now the service response was:
" Vehicle was test driven and verified slight delay in acceleration. Per SI B24 02 12 performed vehicle test, no faults found, check programming level. Had to perform complete programming/encode and cleared all memory fault. Performed an electronic steering wheel calibration.

I also had a slight steering issue where the car had a slight right turn bias, no pulling, but the pressure to turn right was slightly less than the pressure to turn left. This seems to have been corrected by the fix also.

I have only driven 20 miles or so after picking up the car, and am still getting used to the new throttle setting plus it's in learning mode again, but I am very excited and think they have fixed the throtle delay/tip-in issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #47
rchaas
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 SDrive3.5i

Garage List
2009 Z4 35i  [0.00]
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
I had rough idle when cold, and had noticed the tip-in issue as well (2011 X3, 35i) I brought it in once for these issues a few months ago and was told, "nothing wrong...could not reproduce". So, I gave up on help from BMW. Then saw two TSB's, one of which is referenced in this thread. The throttle response and the rough cold idle were both attributed to "faulty DME programming".

So, back to the dealer and got the reprogram. The technician still felt it necessary to comment that the idle was smooth (of course, it wasn't cold!!) but they did the reprogram anyway. Voila, much improved throttle response at tip-in and no rough cold idle!!

Hooray.
Appreciate 0