BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-04-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 x3

Iphone Bluetooth connectivity

I have an Iphone 6 and the most up to date software for iDrive. I have 2 questions about some inconsistent connectivity issues:

- about half the time when I start the car and play my music, no information is sent to the system, so it says things like "unknown artist" or "unknown song". I have to switch it to radio, then switch it back to bluetooth, for it to take the information from my phone. Any idea why? Using google play music.

- again, about half of the time when my phone is connected to the car, I will get text notifications, but the other half of the time I won't. It always seems to reset to working after turning off my car and turning it back on, but not really sure why sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Has anyone seen similar issues and know if there's a fix to make these things more consistent? It's wonderful when it actually works!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
beats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GTS

I have gone through 3 different iPhones, and spent about 4 hours trying things in concert with Apple Support. They acknowledge there is a BT problem with BMW (and a substantial list of other car co's) and iPhone. Hopefully the next firmware update addresses it. For me, it has gone to hell about 2 updates ago.

You could try and update the firmware on your car system. It's pretty easy. Go to the BMW NA site and provide your vin...

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...re_update.html
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 02:30 AM   #3
nickb3
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I have come across the 'unknown song' issue in the OP. Since updating to iOS 10.3 (and 10.3.1) I have come a across a new issue where the iPhone connects via Bluetooth, is able to initiate a call, but the sound is played through the iPhone and not the car speaker. This is an intermittent fault is usually resolved by cancelling and re-dialling. Anyone else come across this?
Appreciate 0