BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

UK Production Stats for F25

Thought I would run some updated production and demographics stats for UK spec F25s.

I can't be sure that it represents the full data set, but it represents just over 12,000 cars to date.

I hope the graphs speak for themselves.

If you want to see any specific graphs, pivots or figures, just let me know.

... sorry, I only have the UK vehicle specs.
Attached Images

F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.

Last edited by Horsey; 01-25-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thought I would add actuals for engine size vs. msport.
Attached Images

F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Great work again Horsey . I have not compared the original set of data to this one yet. Have you noticed any particular change in trend?

Can you list the %'s of each option chosen?

Cheers
- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Here are a list of the options and their stats.

... and an attaches Excel spreadsheet in zip, as really an image is not much use.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip options.zip (11.1 KB, 814 views)

Last edited by Horsey; 01-25-2013 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by am36 View Post
Great work again Horsey . I have not compared the original set of data to this one yet. Have you noticed any particular change in trend?

Can you list the %'s of each option chosen?

Cheers
To be honest, I haven't bothered to look at the evolution of the stats as that is actually quite hard to do.

But, I haven't really seen much overall difference as the quantity of information increases.

The only thing that really changes with time is the rate at which they are produced.

I remember some time ago a few were discussing the figures which I initially found quite surprising, but once it was rationalised actually made a lot of sense ... which in hind sight is obvious as they are a reflection of actual behaviour!

I still find it amazing how different people go about choosing their specs ... but once you start to think about it properly, it all is quite practical actually.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #6
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Could you actually tell me how many X3s there are bearing the set of color/trim in my signature? I've had a little bet with the seller at the garage, my opinion was that there were less that 20 cars like that, and he tought it'd be more!

Very interesting read anyway, thanks for fishing out these numbers!
      01-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Could you actually tell me how many X3s there are bearing the set of color/trim in my signature? I've had a little bet with the seller at the garage, my opinion was that there were less that 20 cars like that, and he tought it'd be more!

Very interesting read anyway, thanks for fishing out these numbers!
I haven't done your specific trim ... I made a sheet broken down by

Engine size, Engine Type, M-Sport, Colour, Upholstery, Interior, Trim, Roof Rails

You can pivot/sum up the rows you want grouped ...

Hope this does what you want.
Attached Files
File Type: zip trim.zip (32.6 KB, 200 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
I haven't done your specific trim ... I made a sheet broken down by

Engine size, Engine Type, M-Sport, Colour, Upholstery, Interior, Trim, Roof Rails

You can pivot/sum up the rows you want grouped ...

Hope this does what you want.
Thanks! From what I read (I think), there's only 3 cars like that!
      01-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #9
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze
Thanks! From what I read (I think), there's only 3 cars like that!
Depending on what you want to compare, you may have to add up a few rows...

The sheet is broken down by engine size and model, so if you are not interested in that you will have to find the trim rows for each car variant an add them together ... If there are any.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #10
contractor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f15 m50d, f25 35d

Hi, any idea what a realistic delivery time would be for a fully loaded 35d would be? If I ordered it say on the 9th Feb, do you think I'd get it by end of April?

Thanks.

Edit - I'm in London, UK
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by contractor View Post
Hi, any idea what a realistic delivery time would be for a fully loaded 35d would be? If I ordered it say on the 9th Feb, do you think I'd get it by end of April?

Thanks.

Edit - I'm in London, UK
Lead times tend to be around 2 months, so I think an order on the 9th Feb SHOULD arrive before the end of April.
Note- I understand there is a mild refresh of the sat nav coming up soon. Might be worth a short wait if you can. DAB should now be standard on UK spec cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #12
18d
Rep
Drives: X3 18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
Lead times tend to be around 2 months, so I think an order on the 9th Feb SHOULD arrive before the end of April.
Note- I understand there is a mild refresh of the sat nav coming up soon. Might be worth a short wait if you can. DAB should now be standard on UK spec cars.
As well as DAB, Bluetooth and USB now come as standard
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 04:12 AM   #13
contractor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f15 m50d, f25 35d

Thanks for the replies. We might try to time the order so it hits production in the first week of March and get the updated nav.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #14
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by contractor View Post
Thanks for the replies. We might try to time the order so it hits production in the first week of March and get the updated nav.
Not March. Think May. Production of the 2014 MY is supposedly scheduled for mid-April.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #15
Hud99
Registered
Rep
Drives: JGC

Horsey,
Great info. Thanks. Question for you, the options below do not appear in regular X3 orders. Are these special options? I saw 6NS in a F30 option form and it looks cool and looks like a one stop solution for integrating a mobile phone to the idrive system. Can this be ordered for a X3?

6AK Connected Drive Services 1 0.01%
6AP Remote Services 1 0.01%
6NS Comfort telephony w/ enhanced Smartphone 1 0.01%
602 On-board monitor with TV
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud99
Horsey,
Great info. Thanks. Question for you, the options below do not appear in regular X3 orders. Are these special options? I saw 6NS in a F30 option form and it looks cool and looks like a one stop solution for integrating a mobile phone to the idrive system. Can this be ordered for a X3?

I honestly don't have a clue ... That's just the data I get ...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #17
bogx3
Rep
Drives: honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud99
Horsey,

I noticed 6NS as a new $500 USD option on the 2014 X3 Pricing sheet that was posted on this forum. Could you elaborate on what features this option provides?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #18
Kiernan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition/911 GTS

6NS is a new option that has been introduced along with the new navigation system that wil be on all cars built from April. Not sure what it does, but I'd guess it will be the same as the F30/31 as they will all share the same navigation. There was a thread in the BMW forum on Pistonheads about it if you're interested (the title was something about deleting sport suspension on an F25 X3 Msport).

Hope this helps.
      02-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #19
bogx3
Rep
Drives: honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernan
6NS is a new option that has been introduced along with the new navigation system that wil be on all cars built from April. Not sure what it does, but I'd guess it will be the same as the F30/31 as they will all share the same navigation. There was a thread in the BMW forum on Pistonheads about it if you're interested (the title was something about deleting sport suspension on an F25 X3 Msport).

Hope this helps.
Thank you, i found the post you referenced - great forum and a very informative thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #20
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
I honestly don't have a clue ... That's just the data I get ...
Horsey

Do you still have access to the data feeds?

If so any chance of some breakdown on the LCI ?

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0