BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-28-2019, 06:21 AM   #1
Metafan
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Car won’t start Need help

Hi everyone
Can you please help me understand this problem that occurred for the 3rd time this month.
Car won’t start, engine turning for seconds then shutdown. I get an error that asks me to disable the start/stop function. I disable it then the engine works normally but with a strange vibration each 2 seconds. After a minute or so the engine is normal, no more vibrations and i can drive it.
Please do you have any idea what could be the problem?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 08:34 AM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Check for any stored error codes using a code reader.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 02:49 PM   #3
rotax
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafan View Post
Hi everyone
Can you please help me understand this problem that occurred for the 3rd time this month.
Car won’t start, engine turning for seconds then shutdown. I get an error that asks me to disable the start/stop function. I disable it then the engine works normally but with a strange vibration each 2 seconds. After a minute or so the engine is normal, no more vibrations and i can drive it.
Please do you have any idea what could be the problem?
One thing to look for in codes once you have ruled our fuel or spark issues for possible problems is the crankshaft position sensor. I had one go out on my E83 and it ran really rough and stalled and would not start as the timing was way off with bad inputs to the ECU. I replaced that and the cam shaft position sensor together, reset the ECU with 3 minutes of no power and all was well. The crackshaft position sensor was impossible to get to on the E83, never looked for it on the F25. Good luck.
Appreciate 0