BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-26-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
Lohr500
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A3 Quattro

Bluetooth options. Confused newbie!

Hi there,
First post so please go easy!

After a farce ordering my new company car in the UK, I have now been told I can't have the original vehicle I ordered, despite it being on the list
But the X3 is on the list and ticks all the boxes for me.
However, I am unsure on what,if any, Bluetooth capabilities come with the base specification single CD player Professional audio in the UK 2.0d SE spec model. Do I need the USB/Bluetooth upgrade to use a phone with the standard system or not?

Also, reading the UK leadtime thread, it seems I could be waiting some time for delivery!

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #2
ricardoyak
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d SE Mineral Silver

You will need to add 6NL or 6NF for Bluetooth. 6NL comes with the Professional Multimedia/Nav system.

I am not sure what lead times are like now. I ordered my 3.0d SE through our car scheme in early July and it is due to the dealer in late Jan. I believe the 2.0d is in greater demand so might take longer.

The wait is long but I have learnt a lot about the car in the meantime by following the threads in this forum. I hope my patience is rewarded soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
Lohr500
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the info.
Will be talking to the fleet chaps later this week, so fingers crossed that the X3 is still on the list.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #4
ricardoyak
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d SE Mineral Silver

Good luck with the order. My car scheme arranges for up to four "big" tests. So I had a go in a 2.0d X3 and the XC60 D5 each for a long weekend. The X3 was much superior in terms of drive and the 2.0d has plenty of "go" so you should enjoy it. The only problem was that the test X3 had lots of nice extras that had to go on my list! Key things to think about adding:

Sat Nav - I think both add in the basic Bluetooth and USB. Again our scheme helped here as you can order a "basic" car with the Nav included. I presume the residuals are better so it makes sense for them to do it.

Reversing camera with top view - like many SUVs the view over the rear quarter is poor so the camera is great

Sport seats

Variable dampers - lots of UK press reviews say these are worth it

There are many helpful folk on this forum and many threads in the topic of USB, Bluetooth, adapters etc. So worth a look through these. I think I may have slipped up by not ordering the mobile apps option but you can't have everything!

BMW don't make it easy to understand but very easy to end up with an enormous bill!

All the best for the New Year.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoyak View Post
BMW don't make it easy to understand but very easy to end up with an enormous bill!
Correct on both counts!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #6
Lohr500
Registered
Rep

I had chosen a Tiguan Escape DSG from our car list and added leather, metallic and the basic VW satnav. That took the value up to the lease limit I am allowed. Placed my order with the fleet management company on 1st Dec.
On Christmas Eve they came back and said it exceeded the lease value I was allowed. I can have the base vehicle with no options. Just why it was on the list then is beyond me.
The fleet manager is investigating why the list is wrong.

So now I am exploring the X3 as an option. It is also on the list, but in basic spec. it is already up to the lease limit so I wouldn't be able to add any options.
But at least it has leather as standard and seems reasonably well specified in base trim. I hope that there isn't also a problem with this vehicle being on the list! I had the Tiguan on a VW fleet demo for a weekend and was very impressed. But I am sure the X3 will not disappoint either.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
KL
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 X-drive 2.0dA - 2012

Not sure how things work in UK but in the country I live in Bluetooth is considered being a "work-related tool" and therefore is accepted from most companies if you are close to the allowed limit. Perhaps you could double-check with your company?

Regarding the dynamic dampers - these do make good sense to the 3.0d/35i but it is waste of money for the 2.0d - the engine simply do not have the performance to get full value of the DDC. But that is just my thoughts...
Appreciate 0