BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
jmcbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 X-drive 30i

What to order opinions Please!

Also posted this on "Mineral Silver" Forum

I really like mineral silver but not sure I can deal with the large black swipe across the rear bumper. I don't mind black rubber trim per say but I think this is too large and I just know it will likely be changed with 2014 (?) LCI.

Should I just "get over it" if I love the color? I have the same issue with Space gray and Tit Silver, can't help focusing on it. I still want the X3 but am probably going with Sapphire black because of this but it does look great in Black Sapphire. SAV's look good in black no?
Here's what I plan to order, any advice or opinions welcomed!

2013 X3 28i (new N20 engine-drove it, love it). Inside-mojave w/ fineline wave dark wood
Premium pkg, Tech pkg, Convenience pkg, Satellite radio,

Now that the nicer wheels from last years are standard, I'm thinking of passing on the Sport Activity package. Mistake? It may dull the vehicle down a bit (no chrome trim) etc.. especially now that the 28 has black kidney inserts. I don't mind the non-sport seats the sport may be a bit too snug for my aging ass. They are narrower than my 528i multi-contours (best ever).

Got the price I want to place the order, just have to finalize what I want and then wait patiently. Will be turning in a 2009 528i end of June (prem, sport, nav, cold, shades, pdc) Will miss this car but used to have a 2007 X3 and really want the new one. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
decade2000
Rep
Drives: '11 s4, '13 x3

Don't settle on color, get the one you really want. Get the M Package if you don't want the black rear bumper.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
jmcbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by decade2000 View Post
Don't settle on color, get the one you really want. Get the M Package if you don't want the black rear bumper.
Thanks! Great advice on the M Sport pkg but can't afford it (would get carbon black if I could afford!). I really want the black sapphire / mojave so am going to move on it. Will post some things when the order get's going.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
KingX
Unregistered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 M-Sport 35i

Same reason I got the M-sport. I didn't like that black band..even on the black. I feel as time goes by and as the weather takes it toll you'll see it more and more. Now that I finally got to see the black sapphire M-sport in person since we picked ours up last week I know it was the right decision. If you can't afford the M-sport then the black is the color the band shows up the least on. Here is a back pic of a non M that was on the lot that shows the black band:
Attached Images

[Black Sapphire/Oyster/Wave Wood: ZPP/ZTP/ZCW/ZCX/ZDH/ZPS/ZMP/6NR]
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
jmcbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

cool, thanks for that pic. Damn, I see that silver trim and now I really want Sport activity pkg too! sigh, maybe should give up convenience package. Anyway, I am going over today to look at the colors afor the last tine and to place the order. I'm really excited about this X3. I was kind of bored with just moving into another 528 (and would have to get less equippmed model).
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

If you take black with SP windows too then make sure you are happy with the black rubber window surrounds. As you say you might want the X-line trim to make it look like a higher end vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by decade2000 View Post
Good suggestion - but Mineral Silver isn't available in M Sport trim.

I also loved this colour and came very close to ordering it (in SE form). In the end I saw one next to a Carbon Black M Sport and changed my order and am very glad I did. They looked a bit like husband and wife

In the end, get what you want. Maybe you could negotiate with the dealer to spray the plastic bit body colour?
      05-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
jmcbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Here's my final configuration, order being placed tomorrow. I went back and decided for sure to get Black Sapphire. In the process, I HAD to add the Sport Activity pkg! Mostly for the seats.

Black Sapphire Metallic
Leather Nevada Mojave
Fineline Wave Wood Trim
Cold Weather Package
Convenience Package
Premium Package
Sport Activity Package
Technology Package
Satellite Radio w/ 1 year subscription
Destination and Handling

TOTAL MSRP: $50,095

So excited for this X3! Thanks for the input!

Last edited by jmcbmw; 05-06-2012 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
Leighton
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Even occasional New York City street parking guarantees bumper damage that the black rear bumper insert mitigates. When I ordered, I rejected M-Sport because it didn't have the insert although I wanted black roof rails and window surrounds for an all black appearance.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
saulgoodman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 N52T

Garage List
2015 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcbmw View Post
Here's my final configuration, order being placed tomorrow. I went back and decided for sure to get Black Sapphire. In the process, I HAD to add the Sport Activity pkg! Mostly for the seats.

Black Sapphire Metallic
Leather Nevada Mojave
Fineline Wave Wood Trim
Cold Weather Package
Convenience Package
Premium Package
Sport Activity Package
Technology Package
Satellite Radio w/ 1 year subscription
Destination and Handling

TOTAL MSRP: $50,095

So excited for this X3! Thanks for the input!
Don't miss the "BMW Apps"...it's a must have if you are an iOS user.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
jmcbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivakumarbalu View Post
Don't miss the "BMW Apps"...it's a must have if you are an iOS user.
I thought about the "Apps". It seems most of the cars on the lot are ordered with this. But, I am still a happy blackberry (Torch 4G OS 7) user and have about 1.5 years left on my contract. I do think my bimmer will read the texts, emails and calendars from the blackberry. Either way, there is so much freakin stuff to keep me busy in this X3!

Besides, I really just didn't want FaceBook in my car at this point. It's getting to be (IMHO) just too much with the constant information on FB. Anyone think the FB IPO will not do as well as anticipated? Or if it does, it won't be like Apple, they will come crashing back to earth.

Waiting for confirmation of my order today!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
jmcbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
Even occasional New York City street parking guarantees bumper damage that the black rear bumper insert mitigates. When I ordered, I rejected M-Sport because it didn't have the insert although I wanted black roof rails and window surrounds for an all black appearance.
You are right, it will definately help with scrapes and scuffs. I'm over it and looking forward to it! The insert even has the PDC sensors to make it look kinda cool, so I'm cool with it (esp in Black Sapphire)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #13
jmcbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Here's my final order (placed yesterday). Nicely loaded! ($50,095 msrp). Got a great deal as I've leased multiple in a row from the same dealer plus the $1000 Team USA rebate. Can't wait till mid-June!

13XD: X3 xDrive28i
475: Black Sapphire Metallic
LUBK: Leather Nevada Mojave
ZAP: Sport Activity Package
ZCV: Convenience Package
ZCW: Cold Weather Package
ZPP: Premium Package
ZTP: Technology Package
4CH: Fineline Wave Wood Trim
639: BMW Assist with Bluetooth
655: Satellite Radio with 1 year subscription
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
Akview
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i 2018 530i

Garage List
2013 X3 28i  [0.00]
great choice! Similar to mine I went with Jetblack 28i oyster, fine line , Sports Act, Convenience, Cold Weather, Premium, Tech, and cargo net. BMW Assist/Blue tooth is included in Tech pkg.

Ordered April 14th, production April 19-26 , arrives Oxnard May 4th or 11th not clear, expected Anchorage May 18th then couple of days for delivery, we shall see but sounds like they are moving faster than expected. And I have my personal video, its cool.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #15
jmcbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akview View Post
great choice! Similar to mine I went with Jetblack 28i oyster, fine line , Sports Act, Convenience, Cold Weather, Premium, Tech, and cargo net. BMW Assist/Blue tooth is included in Tech pkg.

Ordered April 14th, production April 19-26 , arrives Oxnard May 4th or 11th not clear, expected Anchorage May 18th then couple of days for delivery, we shall see but sounds like they are moving faster than expected. And I have my personal video, its cool.
Very cool! I almost went Jet Black but decided since I'm used to tit silver I better go with a metallic. Love the Oyster as well but always wanted brown seats w/ black. How long till you got the videos? I'm guessing a few weeks or so. Post some pics after you get it!
Appreciate 0