BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-02-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
sd1014
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future 2012 X3 35i

New owner with a few ?'s

3 random questions:

1-Did anyone have a price increase on their 2012 when they finally purchased the car? When I ordered the car, my dealer and I agreed on a price and then when it came down to buying it he fed me some bs that the price of the X3 went up about $400 and it was mandated by BMW. Sounds like a load of crap to me but of course I paid it.

2-The "Online Information Services"......what the heck is it??!!!! Again, my not so savvy dealer has no explanation of what this feature is. His exact words were "I have no idea what that is" and has not got back to me for over a week. Before I got the car I thought it was the access to google, concierge, bmw online, etc. but now I just found out that all that stuff is a separate $200 a year. So could someone please explain exactly what it is.

3-I was wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with replacing the fog lights with xenon bulbs? My boyfriend mentioned that he had read that they can sometimes melt the housing.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 06:14 AM   #2
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
when i come across something i dont know i usually google it so i know im not getting the wrong info, seems like u have access to the internet thru X3 navi on board.

yes some bulbs with higher wattage can melt the housing so if you want to change the bulbs make sure its the same wattage as stock

i ordered my x3 10/28 but the waiting sucks

its not mandatory to agree to a price then raise it by 400, that didnt happen to me. the only thing i had to put as an opt was power tailgate which was 500, supposedly it had to be built that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1014 View Post
3 random questions:

1-Did anyone have a price increase on their 2012 when they finally purchased the car? When I ordered the car, my dealer and I agreed on a price and then when it came down to buying it he fed me some bs that the price of the X3 went up about $400 and it was mandated by BMW. Sounds like a load of crap to me but of course I paid it.

2-The "Online Information Services"......what the heck is it??!!!! Again, my not so savvy dealer has no explanation of what this feature is. His exact words were "I have no idea what that is" and has not got back to me for over a week. Before I got the car I thought it was the access to google, concierge, bmw online, etc. but now I just found out that all that stuff is a separate $200 a year. So could someone please explain exactly what it is.

3-I was wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with replacing the fog lights with xenon bulbs? My boyfriend mentioned that he had read that they can sometimes melt the housing.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 01:18 AM   #3
fiddy yen
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i Msport

Quote:
3 random questions:

1. Depends on the country, in Canada no change on pricing on most packages. I believe the Premium on the 35i is the only one that had a change in price.

2. BMW assist. Its legit, should be free for a year and optional for purchase in future years. Worth it alone for google online map addresses sent from computer to your idrive if you drive a lot

3. With adaptive headlights, your fogs also will act as a cornering light. So having HID fogs is highly unadvisable due constant on and off activation which will significantly reduce the life of your fogs. Also HID's need time to warm up, so they wont really help anyways.
2006 BMW 330i - //M rep kit with custom exhaust, H&R springs, 19" VMR - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
sd1014
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future 2012 X3 35i

Thanks for the info, it's more than I was able to get from the dealer. I already have the BMW assist but there is another option aside from the assist called "Online Information Systems". I'm still unsure of what that is.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the info, it's more than I was able to get from the dealer. I already have the BMW assist but there is another option aside from the assist called "Online Information Systems". I'm still unsure of what that is.
Online info Systems is what they charge you extra for (yearly subscription) that gives you access to weather, stock info and the ability to use google search in your vehicle. Basically it's like paying to have internet access in your vehicle.
Appreciate 0