BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
xBMW
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i

X3 Purchase Tips?

Hi everyone,

First post on this site so I sincerely hope I don't make any mistakes.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a 2013 BMW X3 and am wondering what customization and/or packages you guys selected. I am opting for the 35i but in most reviews I've seen, the entry level 28i seems to be just fine as well. Would love your input on this comparison.

I am also opting for all packages available on the car (Technology, Executive, Premium and the apps package) except the M sports package and the Dynamic Comfort Package. I'd love to hear your 2 cents on whether the last two packages are worth forking the extra dollars over or if you think that the packages i'm choosing are unnecessary. I'm really not trying to load the car, it's just that every package seems to have one thing or another that I want. And don't get me wrong, I love german cars and especially BMW's. But the long package and options lists are a real pain for me.

For the record, since I think it might be questioning as to why I wouldn't buy the M sports package for this beautiful car, it's because of a previous experience. When I purchased my 2010 Nissan Maxima fully loaded 2 years ago my children really disliked the sports seats, even though i made sure to avoid the sports package seats as the dealer told me they were even worse. It would have been smart to mention I am purchasing this car for a family of 5 earlier (me, my wife, and 3 kids ages 6-13) but here it is.

Also, I don't want to stir controversy here, but I have been comparing this car and the Acura MDX for a while now and the final prices for both are awfully close. I love the X3 much more but I wonder if leaving my interests and opting for a seven seater makes more sense for my family. I also saw the X5 for this reason but was told by so many it wasn't worth it's high sticker price. Any input on how good the X3 can hold as a family car would be appreciated.

I know this is a long list of a questions but I've been dying to ask another X3 owner about them and I have now stumbled on this site.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

there are few choices here for you to make, such as how long do you keep your cars, the X3 has enough interior space but in 5 years I' not sure how comfortable it's gonna be for 11-18 year olds, also if you're travelling mostly five in the car maybe you wanna opt for the 6Cyl. The M-package is really nice and you can't go wrong with it, in terms of seats the kids bench in the back is the same M-package or not. Tech package is a must too IMHO, The X3 is very nice the question is do you like it enough to pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

I think you buy a BMW because you want a car that you can really drive.
You want the acceleration, you want the superior handling and the tech if you're going for the X3. The 35i turns the X3 into a rocket, yet gets almost the same MPG as the 28i.The handling is like a 3 series, its just a little taller. The technology available is pretty neat {PDC with Top and rear view cameras, Variable damper control, Apps, Idrive, etc.}. I think another factor is the BMW aesthetic, it has a definite point of view which some people find odd and others appreciate as the proportions are excellent and they really are unique. Design is big with BMW.

The X3 is not a very big vehicle so I wonder if it will fulfill your family's spatial needs over time. The X5 sounds like the better size and it should be available at a good price as its about to be replaced with a totally new generation. I would wait for the new one unless I received an unbelievably good deal.

Nothing wrong with the MDX , in fact, its probably a better value, though the real value would be a Honda Pilot.

If I were you I would try to get extended test drives of the X3, X5 and anything else you are considering and test them with the family.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
xBMW
Rep

Thanks for the relatively quick albeit short number of replies BeeMdblU and Torzeck. You definitely buy a BMW for it's amazing drive capabilities and if the rear seats are the same M package or not then I'm definitely not missing out. Tech package is a must for me as well but the truth is BMW does a great job at spreading out some of the best features into different packages to the point where I feel the need to purchase all of them

If at all possible, can the various X3 packages and their uses of the forum members be discussed. It would help me decide what is most important for a day to day drive and what may simply be a sales gimmick.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBMW View Post
Thanks for the relatively quick albeit short number of replies BeeMdblU and Torzeck. You definitely buy a BMW for it's amazing drive capabilities and if the rear seats are the same M package or not then I'm definitely not missing out. Tech package is a must for me as well but the truth is BMW does a great job at spreading out some of the best features into different packages to the point where I feel the need to purchase all of them

If at all possible, can the various X3 packages and their uses of the forum members be discussed. It would help me decide what is most important for a day to day drive and what may simply be a sales gimmick.
Ok here's my list:

Cold weather pkg.:
Not sure how Canada deals with these, but I'd go for the heated seats and steering wheel. Rear heated seats just make it great for all passengers.

Sport Activity Package or Msport:
Sports seats are the way to go. I know what you wrote but I think they're that much better. SAP gets the better steering wheel.

MSport:
I have the above SAP and I think it's a better value than the MSport but I wish I had the MSport steering wheel. I also like the black molding with the SAP better than the Msports painted trim. This is very subjective but get the one you like.

Premium Pkg.:
In the usa when i bought in 2011, in order to get the storage pkg, the puddle lights, leather, pano sunroof and a bunch of other nice things you had to get the Premium pkg. Canada is different so, I know that may not be much help.

Tech package:
Bigger screen, nav, rear and top view cameras, PDC. These last two are great as you'll never scrape your rims.

Apps:
It's good and relatively inexpensive. It should get better over time as more apps become available

35i:
Like i mentioned above, It's a great motor making the car very quick.
In the USA you also get the xenons.
New 28i motor is probably great as well. Drive them back to back with a full load.

DHP:
I dont have it, but others on this forum swear by it.

Sport suspension:
If you don't get DHP and can get the sports suspension (I have it) get it . The x3 handles better with it and is less floaty. Also less complexity to break.

Xenons:
Get them. Seeing well at night is worth it. They look good as well

Cargo net option:
This is an accessory that is relatively in expensive when ordered from the factory.

19" wheels:
in my opinion the x3 looks best with the 19" 309 wheels. And, the handling is better as there is less tire side wall deflection.

Driver assistance:
Don't know and don't care but maybe I'm wrong on this . Hopefully others chime in.

For 2013 I'm less sure how things are bundled and you're in Canada, so good luck. My big thing is no question that an x3 is not an inexpensive car (at least to me) so try not have any nagging regrets.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #6
0utlier
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 XDrive35i

I owned a 2007 MDX years ago and have a 2011 X3 35i now. The MDX hasn't changed too terribly much since 2007 so I'll give you my thoughts...

The MDX was a little slow for my tastes. To get it moving you had to really dig into the go pedal. The 35i, especially in sport mode, just wants to go. It's a little shocking how quick this SUV is.

The MDX is definitely bigger with 3rd row seating. We bought the MDX specifically because we have two kids and thought we may need the extra seating. In the years we had the MDX we used the 3rd row like twice. The extra space in the back was nice, but the X3 is adequate for two kids and two adults. We travel quite frequently. With luggage, three kids and two adults may make trips a little more challenging. The MDX definitely wins in the space category.

I'm not sure about the options for the MDX now, but in 2007 it was pretty limited from what I remember. I'm sure there are more options now though. Our X3 is pretty loaded except no sport package. The HUD is more useful than I thought it would be. The convenience package too. Small things like auto H are cool where you don't have to keep your foot on the brake in stop and go traffic. The panoramic roof is nice. The backup camera with top view actually comes in handy.

If I were looking at the MDX vs. X3 it really comes down to size and ride. If you want an SUV that is quick and handles well, but sacrifices some room... X3 35i hands down. If you MUST have big room and speed and handling aren't terribly high on your list... MDX.

The deciding factor may be space. Do you take long car trips with luggage for 5? If so, with the X3 you will have to pack a little lighter and be prepared to possibly not see out of the rear window.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

I really think you need to look at bigger SUVs just based on your family size. I don't see 3 kids enjoying any type of road trip sitting in the 2nd row. Once you add in all your gear or luggage you'll have a very cramped interior. If it's just you and 1 or 2 kids from time to time then yes, the X3 would probably be spacious enough.

We have one child today under 1 y/o and with all his baggage it already feels cramped. We've already discussed moving to an X5 when we have a second child. Concerning the X5, you can find some really nice low mile X5s on the market. I honestly think that is the way to go. If you get one that is CPO with less than 10k miles on it you will actually have a longer running warranty than if you bought new. That is pretty valuable in my eyes.

Concerning the motor, if you plan to drive around frequently with the entire family I think you'd be better served with the 35i. You'll appreciate the extra pulling power when out and about. The 28i N20 motor is a gem though and more than adequate for the X3 in most driving situations.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
xBMW
Rep

Thanks for your input guys.

The only reason I am still considering an X3 or any five seater to be fair with my growing family is because long road trips are not an issue for me. The car would generally be used by my wife to transport the kids to their daily activities and 98% the whole family would be in the car we would go closely nearby. I understand your concerns of outgrowing the car and I voiced the same concerns to the point where I almost considered a mini van.

A friend of mine was in the same situation I was a year ago but he opted for a five seater as well. He drives a Lincoln MKX with a 2 adult 3 children family and has more frequent long car trips then I do but he seems to have enough space.

The point is that although I will take the X3 for joyrides long road trips are a real rarity with my family as we only go so far once or twice a year and we don't go anywhere where so much luggage is needed. Is the X3 big enough for such trips.

Also, my opting package list:
Unfortunately (i don't know how the packages are where you guys live) in Canada the packages have good features quite spread out. I don't see the point of ordering every package, so if you guys can tell me what you don't find necesarry or excessive so I could try to cut it. I was contemplating leaving out the executive package but that gets rid of the Premium package as well

BMW Apps Package:
Smart phone integration
BMW Apps

Technology Package:
BMW Assist w/ bluetooth
BMW assist w/extended bluetooth
BMW On-board Nav

Executive Package (adds Premium Package)
HIFI sound system professional
Lights Package
Lumbar support
Rear view camera with top view
Universal Remote controller

Premium Package
Auto dimming interior/exterior mirrors
Automatic Trunk
Comfort Access
Panorama Sunroof
Park Distance Control
X-line package

And also the M sport package and Dynamic Control which I will keep.

Did you all completely load your X3's?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
fiddy yen
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i Msport

I am in Canada and I ordered Premium, Tech, Msport and Rear view Camera w/Top view. I personally did not see the need for the rest of the contents of the Executive package so I saved myself ~ 1900 by doing so. Sometimes I do wonder what it would be like to have the better sound system and Sat radio but I don't listen to my music loud enough and I hate radio to warrant those two options. M sport was a must for me for the steering wheel and seats.

I've had sport seats in my Infiniti G35 coupe and I loved them. I can see how they can be uncomfortable as they are agressively bostered. One thing to note is that on the BMW, they are completely adjustable to suit anyone. I have not had anyone complain about the comfort... in fact most people compliment them. Compared to the Standard seats on the BMW, I find the sport seats to be very comfortable espeically on longer trips. My previous 330i had the standard seats, so I've had first hand experience on both.

As far as the MDX vs. X3, size wise as mentioned, goes to the MDX. Everything else BMW. Resale and cost of ownership is even better. MDX right now is offering up to $7500 off... think about how that hurts resale... furthermore, you'll have to pay for your regular maintainence (about $3000 worth over 4 years of ownership).

Don't get me wrong I think the MDX is a nice unit but the fact that large rebates are need to sell a vehicle tells me i'll have trouble selling it in 4 years time.
2006 BMW 330i - //M rep kit with custom exhaust, H&R springs, 19" VMR - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your input guys.

The only reason I am still considering an X3 or any five seater to be fair with my growing family is because long road trips are not an issue for me. The car would generally be used by my wife to transport the kids to their daily activities and 98% the whole family would be in the car we would go closely nearby. I understand your concerns of outgrowing the car and I voiced the same concerns to the point where I almost considered a mini van.

A friend of mine was in the same situation I was a year ago but he opted for a five seater as well. He drives a Lincoln MKX with a 2 adult 3 children family and has more frequent long car trips then I do but he seems to have enough space.

The point is that although I will take the X3 for joyrides long road trips are a real rarity with my family as we only go so far once or twice a year and we don't go anywhere where so much luggage is needed. Is the X3 big enough for such trips.

Also, my opting package list:
Unfortunately (i don't know how the packages are where you guys live) in Canada the packages have good features quite spread out. I don't see the point of ordering every package, so if you guys can tell me what you don't find necesarry or excessive so I could try to cut it. I was contemplating leaving out the executive package but that gets rid of the Premium package as well

BMW Apps Package:
Smart phone integration
BMW Apps

Technology Package:
BMW Assist w/ bluetooth
BMW assist w/extended bluetooth
BMW On-board Nav

Executive Package (adds Premium Package)
HIFI sound system professional
Lights Package
Lumbar support
Rear view camera with top view
Universal Remote controller

Premium Package
Auto dimming interior/exterior mirrors
Automatic Trunk
Comfort Access
Panorama Sunroof
Park Distance Control
X-line package

And also the M sport package and Dynamic Control which I will keep.

Did you all completely load your X3's?
few things for you; you don't need the executive package for the premium, it's the other way around. depending how you drive DHP could be left out but you need to get the M-package and leather.
that being said it's ok to get all or most of the packages BMWCA gets us like that, but at the end of the day what's another 3000$ when you already payed so much.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 03:57 AM   #11
xBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy yen View Post
I am in Canada and I ordered Premium, Tech, Msport and Rear view Camera w/Top view. I personally did not see the need for the rest of the contents of the Executive package so I saved myself ~ 1900 by doing so. Sometimes I do wonder what it would be like to have the better sound system and Sat radio but I don't listen to my music loud enough and I hate radio to warrant those two options. M sport was a must for me for the steering wheel and seats.

I've had sport seats in my Infiniti G35 coupe and I loved them. I can see how they can be uncomfortable as they are agressively bostered. One thing to note is that on the BMW, they are completely adjustable to suit anyone. I have not had anyone complain about the comfort... in fact most people compliment them. Compared to the Standard seats on the BMW, I find the sport seats to be very comfortable espeically on longer trips. My previous 330i had the standard seats, so I've had first hand experience on both.

As far as the MDX vs. X3, size wise as mentioned, goes to the MDX. Everything else BMW. Resale and cost of ownership is even better. MDX right now is offering up to $7500 off... think about how that hurts resale... furthermore, you'll have to pay for your regular maintainence (about $3000 worth over 4 years of ownership).

Don't get me wrong I think the MDX is a nice unit but the fact that large rebates are need to sell a vehicle tells me i'll have trouble selling it in 4 years time.
Thanks for the input.Do you have a 12' X3? I haven't been able to find a way to get top view camera without adding the premium package.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 04:00 AM   #12
xBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
few things for you; you don't need the executive package for the premium, it's the other way around. depending how you drive DHP could be left out but you need to get the M-package and leather.
that being said it's ok to get all or most of the packages BMWCA gets us like that, but at the end of the day what's another 3000$ when you already payed so much.
Well put. How much did you end up paying for your fully loaded X3 if I may ask? I know dealer invoices are different for each region and I'm in Toronto but a general idea might help me negotiate. Also, are there any cash incentives on BMW's at all? I know Acura has a cash purchase incentive but I've never heard of such a thing with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #13
vanheiser
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F30 330i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy yen View Post

I used to choose the same configuration as fiddy for my X3. But I decided to add the executive package. Reason was I mostly listen to music in my car and I got the white exterior colour which really goes well with the light package (LED lights that turns on when you unlock your car).

The Hi-Fi system, I've tried 2 different X3 with and without and find that the difference is really little. So depending if you listen to music during most of your driving, it's a take or leave it option.

The Top View Camera, you can get it separately for CDN $700 if you choose the executive package just for that one option.

As mentioned before the M-sport package only have exterior cosmetic differences, a thicker steering wheel (which is nice), and front sport seats (which are really comfortable compared to regular seats by BMW). The rear seats are the same with or without M-sport pkg.

The premium package, I'm sure your wife will be really happy if you get it. The comfort access and automatic trunk is really handy when you do grocery shopping. Not to mention the panoramic sunroof is stunning.

I would suggest leaving out BMW Apps if you don't use your phone often while you are driving. I think you would be so engross in driving your X3 to even bother about any text message or email you receive.

Lastly the Dynamic Handling Pkg (DHP), I can't justify spending $1500 just to be able to change your suspension settings. I personally felt that the M-Sport suspension is adequate for daily driving. I feel that its soft enough to minimize the bumpy road condition and stiff enough that I don't get much body roll when I turn hard. Although I've seen a few people mentioning that the comfort mode in DHP irons out the bumpy road condition.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 06:08 AM   #14
motosan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 ZCP M3

Make sure you have the convenience package (HID and Comfort Access). HID is an obvious reason. For Comfort Access, my argument would be because there's no need to Insert the key to ignite the engine, so it makes the action of reaching out your pocket to lock and unlock the door becoming an extra step that you perform multiple times per day. We didn't get it because dealer said it wasn't available (misinformed) and we totally regretted....

As for X5, it's not like bigger but also more luxurious. Ride quality is also superior. Think about a 3 and 5 series, that kind of difference still applies to X3 and X5. I was lucky to get a X5 35D as a loaner before I for my X3, and that luxury and ride quality are noticeably different from X3. The only reason that we got the X3 is because my wife doesn't feel comfortable driving a large SUV.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #15
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Well put. How much did you end up paying for your fully loaded X3 if I may ask? I know dealer invoices are different for each region and I'm in Toronto but a general idea might help me negotiate. Also, are there any cash incentives on BMW's at all? I know Acura has a cash purchase incentive but I've never heard of such a thing with BMW.
Hey XBMW, unfortunately I'm out of town so I can't give you the exact amount but it was about 71500 tax in, I took the 35 with M-package, leather, tech, apps, premium and executive, plus 800 for metallic paint.
In terms of negotiations aim for 5-7% off of MSRP, I personally got 5%.
Check the carbon black as a color it's very nice, Me I got the black saphire since the wife didn't want blue ( she doesn't know better ) but at least kept the peace between us
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I downsized from one of the largest SUV's on the market - current generation - 2011 QX56 with all options. The only reason I came out of the QX is because I thought I would need the room for extended family, when in reality - It was usually only me, wifey and our toddler. QX drives really well and the gas mileage isn't bad for a 400hp 5700 lbs vehicle. That being said, its not like I am slumming it with the X3 35i.. I probably would have gone for an X5 (came close to getting an X5 5.0i) but the tech is old and it will be replaced. Looking at the X3 in realistic day to day terms - the gas mileage is excellent, the performance is excellent, and the room suits us fine. Additioally, I happen to like the tech of the F Series cars and the X3 - feels/is the smart buy.

In a few years I may go for the F15 X5 or possibly a Cayenne - but for now - I am quite happy with my decision.
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 02:51 AM   #17
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Was in two minds abouts going for M Sport (even right up until delivery!!!). But I am so glad that I did (right from delivery): the lines are so much cleaner and sharper and it looks a lot more "polished". I went for Carbon Black, but it looks great in other colours too.

I would say have a good look at a number of both M Sport and non-M Sport IN THE FLESH (photos really don't do it justice ...) before you decide.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
xBMW
Rep

I did get to see the M Sport X3 in action at my BMW dealership and it is fantastic. Definitely going to opt for it, which brings my package selection to fully loaded with everything. A neighbor of mine got the X3 fully loaded 35i at 61,000 as he got a 5% discount so that's what i'll aim for as well when the time comes.

I did decide to opt out the X5 as I asked one of my colleagues who owns one how it was with his family (similar family to mine.) He said he bought the X5 for the extra two seats but wish he had just opted for an X3 as they were only good at hauling his kids friends around and no good for adults, and frankly I really don't want to be a constant chauffeur for my kids friends who can easily go in their own car but opt to sit with my kids on trips (is that too harsh of a decision?).

I learned my lesson with a friend of mine who bought a Santa-Fe for the seven seats and when he has all seats up there isn't enough cargo space for 2 folded umbrellas) My immediate and distant family doesn't visit frequently enough for me to opt for seven seats, it makes much more sense to just rent a minivan when they're here.

I will probably still wait for a year , as the MDX keeps popping up in opinions everywhere and it's new generation will be on sale next year. I'd more then like to get the X3 now, but I know we don't need an immediate car this year and I don't want to make a choice that hurts my family in the long run.

Thank you all in your opinions and in helping learn about the X3. Please continue to post your configurations or stories of how the X3 worked as a family car as it gives me great ideas.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #19
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by torzeck View Post
The 35i turns the X3 into a rocket, yet gets almost the same MPG as the 28i.
I actually disagree with this, and would recommend that you drive both, side by side right after each other.

I went into the dealership to order my X3 with the assumption I would be ordering the same N55 that's in my e90 as I do feel that in my lighter e90 with the PPK it is a little rocket.

Side by side in the heavier X3, I really didn't get any thrust you back in the seat experience even in sport mode & DS. It did feel faster, and sound better, but not significantly faster than the 28i. I think the limitation there is the 8 speed gearbox, where if you try to accelerate without triggering a kick down the 28 will feel slow, and the 35 will handle it slightly better. With that being said, just knowing how to touch the throttle in those situations will save you $3-4,000.

Had I gotten the same smile on my face when I pushed the pedal down, I would have elected for the 35. It gets fantastic gas mileage, much better than any of the N52s that I ever owned. On a car trip I can easily get 30mpg on cruise, so probably 1-2 mpg less in the heavier X3.

But side by side, I couldn't justify the premium price for the heavier, not much faster, slightly worse MPG 35, the 28 just felt not only more than adequate, it felt quite good.

In terms of packages, I went all in with the exception of HUD and premium sound. My wife didn't want the additional $1k for premium sound, and the HUD is the older version so didn't want to pay for the old technology.

I saw the SAV package or M-Sport as a must to get the sport seats. My wife elected for SAV as she liked the exterior styling better.

Convenience, both weather packages, and technology were a must for us. We are expecting a child so wanted the rear seat warming for longer trips where she'll sit in the back with the baby.

All in all you really need to see which options you value. The closest in price you can make the two vehicles is 2,850 if you equip a 28 with Xenons and a Sunroof. Once you add the regular packages it's about a $4,000 differential between the two, which for me I just can't justify the engine when the smaller one performs so well. It's not like I'm taking an SUV to the track...

Had I thought that it was going to be an issue with passing or performance on the highway, I'd get the 35, but at this point I'm extremely happy with the decision and can't wait for our 28 to be built.

Definitely drive them side by side.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #20
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

It sounds like the m-sport and dynamic comfort package is a given based on your other posts.

BMW Apps Package is chump change so you may as well buy it.

I got the tech package and after a few months it seems more like a gimmick than a useful tool for the $2200.

I also go the premium package and at the time I thought I was stupid for spending the $4k but really don't think it's too bad after all.

The Executive Package is just fluff IMO and not necessary.

I spent $10k on options with my X3 and the one package I highly recommend is the dynamic comfort package... money very well spend.

Regrets, for $350... I'd get the storage compartment package if I was ordering the car again.
      08-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #21
nonagon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne GTS

The packages that I purchased and could live without are Cold Weather II and Premium Audio.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #22
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

... there is no cold weather package on the Canadian cars.