BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #243
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

First bluewater on the forum so far!

I got the same screen dump a few months back - getting to see this screen cuts the dealer bs

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #244
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I'm just impressed that your dealer knew how to take a screen print and attach it to an email

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #245
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
My dealer just sent me a screen shot from BMW. I ordered 1 Mar and est delivery is early Oct or about 31 weeks! The spec/colour is not corrected from my last amendment and names have been removed.
Hey Tank. I think our cars are ship-buddies (mates?). My dealership/fleet company are both telling me 7th October as well. You've no idea how reassuring your post is for me
      03-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #246
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Just keep posting all the way til Oct to confirm your stealers info. I am off to California on holiday over Easter I am hoping to see a real life X3. The only two I saw so far are a) the one I test drove and b) a dealer near me has a sales staff memeber driving around my town in a blue one with the accessory only, wheel option, 20" type 311.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #247
Wig and Gown
Rep
Drives: Current: VW Golf, Ordering: X3

About to order

I am about to order an X3 and came across this site whilst doing some research. It seems that there is a bulletin board on the web for just about everything these days, of varying quality. This one seems rather good!

I wonder if any of you could help with a few questions that I have:

1. What sort of discounts have people been able to get? (Note, I appreciate people will be reluctant to give me exact details and so I'm not asking for specifics, but more general guidance). I almost ordered in December but couldn't for a variety of reasons. At the time, my local dealer virtually matched the price quoted by the internet broker, Broadspeed. Now Broadspeed state that they are 'out of stock' and so the dealer will no longer offer the same deal. I rang another local dealer who trotted out the same line that the popularity of the X3 meant they simply weren't offering any sort of discount. I know that I will get further in person, but an indication of other people's success would be a useful yardstick.

If it helps, I am now looking a the xd 2.0 M Sport Auto with options that bring the list price up to about £41k

2. I'm being quoted a delivery date of mid October if I order this week. Does that accord with other people's experiences?

3. The dealer wants a £1000 deposit but won't agree that should delivery date slip back by more than 1 month, I can have my deposit back and walk away. Am I being a little too tough there? The reality is that I am not going to walk away, but I wanted to test their delivery estimate.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #248
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Welcome, Discount is like finding hen's teeth. The dealers don't need to give any, with such large demand for the new X3. New orders are now for 2012 delivery in some cases.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #249
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Welcome to the forum. Re deposit, that's likely to be because they're bullsh!tting on the expected delivery date. Search for marmite's post on his expected M Sport delivery date. On iPhone so can't search at the moment.

Re discounts, I was told no way by one dealer but ended up with quite a good discount from another so shop around and make sure they know you're ready to order and pay deposit there and then. This might sound obvious but you're much more likely to get a discount after spec'ing a car with them and then just before signing slipping in an another option that you were always going to include anyway.

Might be worth posting your spec here too in case you missed something

Good luck

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #250
Wig and Gown
Rep

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response AJWilson and sfax.

That was my assumption re the delivery date / deposit standoff. What I have discovered from reading this thread so far today is an insistence on seeing a screen that shows a build and delivery date.

I'd rather have the M Sport, but I will frankly settle for the SE if it's going to add months to the delivery date.

In terms of spec, I'm thinking:

Black exterior and interior
Professional multimedia pack
Access pack
Auto gearbox
VDC
Reversing assist with top view (has paid for itself on my current car)
Folding and dimming mirrors
Split rear seats

Still deciding on: electric seats and the climate pack

Thanks again. My wife wants to test drive the auto before we order. None of the dealers within a reasonable distance have one available until the second week of April. Five dealers are sharing two demos.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #251
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20i M Sport

Welcome WaG,

1 - Build up an approx config to your max budget. Tell the dealer you want 3% (because thats what you've been offered up t'north) plus the BMW £350 service pack free. You wont get better and be prepared for nothing. If the dealer is flexible and you're really lucky he will put you on the spot and ask if you are in a position to give £1k deposit there and then. You need to be able to say yes. If you dont say yes but call him back he knows he's got you for 0%

2 - October is now optomistic. The oder confirmation will come back with December+ on it.

3 - The dealer will let you walk beacuse he'll already have someone lined up on a no discount deal ready to fill your slot.

Re wife testing the auto - no need to delay your order - its a must have.

imho only, Max3
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #252
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

You must have xenons!! Drop the access pack or something if you need to keep within budget. They were first on my list and you will always regret not getting them if you don't. Xenons = premium.

Also, if you have an iPhone and you're getting pro nav, you should definitely add 6NR IMO. Huge potential with 6NR and only available (sadly) on new builds

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #253
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wig and Gown View Post
I am about to order an X3 and came across this site whilst doing some research. It seems that there is a bulletin board on the web for just about everything these days, of varying quality. This one seems rather good!

I wonder if any of you could help with a few questions that I have:

1. What sort of discounts have people been able to get? (Note, I appreciate people will be reluctant to give me exact details and so I'm not asking for specifics, but more general guidance). I almost ordered in December but couldn't for a variety of reasons. At the time, my local dealer virtually matched the price quoted by the internet broker, Broadspeed. Now Broadspeed state that they are 'out of stock' and so the dealer will no longer offer the same deal. I rang another local dealer who trotted out the same line that the popularity of the X3 meant they simply weren't offering any sort of discount. I know that I will get further in person, but an indication of other people's success would be a useful yardstick.

If it helps, I am now looking a the xd 2.0 M Sport Auto with options that bring the list price up to about £41k

2. I'm being quoted a delivery date of mid October if I order this week. Does that accord with other people's experiences?

3. The dealer wants a £1000 deposit but won't agree that should delivery date slip back by more than 1 month, I can have my deposit back and walk away. Am I being a little too tough there? The reality is that I am not going to walk away, but I wanted to test their delivery estimate.

Thanks in advance.
I got £750 off plus the 350 quid sevice pack just last week. Went to Sytner in Cardiff and they told me no discount at all. Popped over to Sytner Newport, told them I had the deposit and got the discount but it was a bit of a struggle.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #254
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Go for the Visibility Pack, very good value.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #255
Wig and Gown
Rep

Thanks again everyone.

Max3Factor - Mrs WaG hasn't test driven the X3 at all and really wants to try it out as its bigger than anything she has driven before. We will defo get the auto though.

As for telling that that's what I've been offered up t'north, if it doesn't work, how far North are we talking. We have some family in the North West and so a trip a dealer up there who will play ball isn't out of the question. I'm ready with the £1k this time!

sfax - noted re the 6NR. Mrs WaG has an iPhone so it seems a must. I agree that Xenons have a premium feel to them but do they really add much else?

AJWilson - if I go for the Xenons then the step up the visibility pack is minimal and seems sensible.

Has anyone seen an X3 pricelist that includes the M Sport? The one on the site still lists the 2.0SE only.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #256
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wig and Gown View Post
sfax - noted re the 6NR. Mrs WaG has an iPhone so it seems a must. I agree that Xenons have a premium feel to them but do they really add much else?
If you buy an X5, xenons come as standard and with good reason. From a practical point of view, you can see a lot more and they are safer, but most importantly, you'll miss out on seeing the Angel Eyes reflected off the back of the car in front of you . I had xenons on my last car (Golf GTI) and will never buy a car again that doesn't have them. Lots of people feel this way after owning cars with and then driving cars without. Search this forum for xenons. It's your money and your decision but I would be remiss if I didn't at least try to make you see the light (awful pun!)

6NR if wife has iPhone is a no brainer. I wish I had it but no retrofit

She'll also like the BMW Remote iPhone app that helps you find your BMW in a car park by telling it to flash its lights or beep its horn. Also shows location on a map using GPS (for very big car parks or if you forgot what street you parked on!). You don't need 6NR for this but it's cool

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #257
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
You must have xenons!! Drop the access pack or something if you need to keep within budget. They were first on my list and you will always regret not getting them if you don't. Xenons = premium.

Also, if you have an iPhone and you're getting pro nav, you should definitely add 6NR IMO. Huge potential with 6NR and only available (sadly) on new builds

Are the Xenons really that good given the price? Have driven for years without in all sorts of conditions, although must admit there are times when I wished I had better visibility!

My current UK xD 20d SE spec:

Mineral Silver
Oyster with Fineline Wave
Sports Seats - Heated
Folding, dimming Ext mirrors
Rear Assist with top view
Prof multimedia

Order in and due 5 November (my choice - company car goes back around then)

BUT

Likely to add:

Business speakers
Sport steering wheel
and Auto box - awaiting test drive; manual only driven so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #258
W3dge
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 2.0D

Have xenons on both my Disco 3 and Qashqai, wouldn't go back to 'normal' lights. Thus we are getting xenons on the X3
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #259
Wig and Gown
Rep

Right, Xenons appear to be on my list!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #260
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustofa View Post
Are the Xenons really that good given the price? Have driven for years without in all sorts of conditions, although must admit there are times when I wished I had better visibility!

My current UK xD 20d SE spec:

Mineral Silver
Oyster with Fineline Wave
Sports Seats - Heated
Folding, dimming Ext mirrors
Rear Assist with top view
Prof multimedia

Order in and due 5 November (my choice - company car goes back around then)

BUT

Likely to add:

Business speakers
Sport steering wheel
and Auto box - awaiting test drive; manual only driven so far.
IMO you should add those 3, 6NR and xenons.

Re. 6NR, don't fork out for pro media without getting 6NR it's a waste. 6NR makes the tech more future proof because you can use software designed by people that know how to write it, i.e. not the people at BMW that brought you the albums played in alphabetical song title order - why?????

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 03:58 AM   #261
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

xenons was the first option i chose.. not had it before but quite tired of the poor halogen lights i got on the previous BMWs... not to mention the whole mean looking angel eyes :P
      03-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #262
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
IMO you should add those 3, 6NR and xenons.

Re. 6NR, don't fork out for pro media without getting 6NR it's a waste. 6NR makes the tech more future proof because you can use software designed by people that know how to write it, i.e. not the people at BMW that brought you the albums played in alphabetical song title order - why?????
Many thanks sfax and other Xenon supporters; very helpful. Now where can I find another £920?
Thanks also for the 6NR tip. Will do some research but currently have an android phone although due to change in the summer. iPhone 4 perhaps, although not friends with Apple at the moment since ios4.3 update bricked my iPad - temporarily I hope.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #263
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustofa View Post
Many thanks sfax and other Xenon supporters; very helpful. Now where can I find another £920?
Thanks also for the 6NR tip. Will do some research but currently have an android phone although due to change in the summer. iPhone 4 perhaps, although not friends with Apple at the moment since ios4.3 update bricked my iPad - temporarily I hope.
Apple also upset me when ios4 rendered my iPhone 3G unusable! It's better now than it was but I have to keep location services switched off permanently. I'm forgiving them and getting an iPhone 4 soon so they better not disappoint

I've just been applying for 2012 Olympics tickets and £900 will get you a pair of category A seats in the main stadium for the mens 200m final. Xenons much better value for money

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #264
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Apple also upset me when ios4 rendered my iPhone 3G unusable! It's better now than it was but I have to keep location services switched off permanently. I'm forgiving them and getting an iPhone 4 soon so they better not disappoint
Have appointment with Apple Store tomorrow, so hopefully all will be fixed. Son-in law has iPhone 4 and loves it!
Quote:
I've just been applying for 2012 Olympics tickets and £900 will get you a pair of category A seats in the main stadium for the mens 200m final. Xenons much better value for money
And so good looking!
Appreciate 0