BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-21-2014, 02:59 AM   #2443
Happy jack
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

How soon after placing an order would you expect to get a build date?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 04:33 AM   #2444
GAJA
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 MSport 35D

We placed our order beginning of Sept 13, middle of October we got our ETA on delivery.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #2445
adam1b
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ordered 2014 X3 20d M Sport

I'm new to the forum and awaiting my first ever BMW.

Placed the order on 20th January; due w/b 24th March.
Originally it was due at the beginning of May, but a cancelled order meant mine moved to an earlier build slot.

Here is the spec:
X3 20D M Sport, auto, space grey, oyster leather, business navigation, visibility pack, electric seats, privacy glass, extended storage.

With the recent release of more information on the 2015 model, and since you can no longer configure an X3 on the UK website, I've lost a little confidence in my order.
Am I mad to be buying a car that will be one of the last off the production line?
How will it affect resale values in 3 years time?

I am pleased with the discount I got on my order which was equivalent to a broker's price but direct with a main dealer. I also can't really wait until June/July to replace my current car.

What would you do?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #2446
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1b

Originally it was due at the beginning of May, but a cancelled order meant mine moved to an earlier build slot.

Here is the spec:
X3 20D M Sport, auto, space grey, oyster leather, business navigation, visibility pack, electric seats, privacy glass, extended storage.

With the recent release of more information on the 2015 model, and since you can no longer configure an X3 on the UK website, I've lost a little confidence in my order.
Am I mad to be buying a car that will be one of the last off the production line?

I am pleased with the discount I got on my order which was equivalent to a broker's price but direct with a main dealer. I also can't really wait until June/July to replace my current car.

What would you do?
X3 2.0d holds it value well. If you are getting a good discount go with it. Dealers won't be offering much if anything off the LCI for the time being.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 12:44 AM   #2447
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1b View Post

Here is the spec:

What would you do?
I don't think it will really affect the resale value in 3 years. It definitely would good going from 1st gen to 2nd gen but not for a facelift that most buyers wouldn't notice or care about.

However, I would be a buyer who did care and if it was me, I would definitely wait unless I absolutely couldn't, or unless I got a hefty discount. Bear in mind the pre-LCI will drop a little when its sold alongside the LCI and they need to shift old stock - but that would be for buying one off the forecourt whereas you have a custom build.

The LCI is the first obvious aesthetic change but there have been quite a few tech changes like RTTI, upgraded nav, BMW Apps, and these have all come in since I got mine 3 years ago. There will be more goodies available to option over the next 3 years too so you'll quickly be out of date, even with an LCI.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 04:45 AM   #2448
Happy jack
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Placed order early January - originally told May - June

Just been told now it will be arriving at the dealers w/c 14/04/14
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 05:28 AM   #2449
adam1b
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the replies - you have eased my concerns.

I agree, it's a facelift rather than a full model change, and the spec is continually changing anyway which probably makes it quite tough for the fussy second-hand buyer.

I can't imagine getting any sort of discount on the LCI for quite a while and it looks like the list price is going up a couple of thousand pounds too (though maybe includes some options as standard).
I wonder why BMW US and Germany have released their price lists but the UK hasn't.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #2450
cc3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the replies - you have eased my concerns.

I agree, it's a facelift rather than a full model change, and the spec is continually changing anyway which probably makes it quite tough for the fussy second-hand buyer.

I can't imagine getting any sort of discount on the LCI for quite a while and it looks like the list price is going up a couple of thousand pounds too (though maybe includes some options as standard).
I wonder why BMW US and Germany have released their price lists but the UK hasn't.
UK website has gone live today,
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #2451
adam1b
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the heads-up cc3.

I have put the same spec into the configurator as my current order (as close as possible) and I reckon the difference between my invoice and the list price is about £5,000.
I suspect BMW Finance won't be offering 5.9% APR on it either.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #2452
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up cc3.

I have put the same spec into the configurator as my current order (as close as possible) and I reckon the difference between my invoice and the list price is about £5,000.
I suspect BMW Finance won't be offering 5.9% APR on it either.
Sounds like a very good deal to me. Stick with your early delivery pre-LCI order. The wait can be excruciating if it drags on! And you reduce the chance of adding more stuff to your order before it enters production and spending more - I changed my order 4 times because of this forum tempting me and ended up with about £12,000 worth of options

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #2453
cc3
Major
Rep

Ordered a LCI 3.0d M Sport in Carbon black with Oyster trim. Delivery to UK in June.

Prof Nav upgrade from standard business
Visibility pack
Harman Kardon
Folding/ dimming mirrors
Variable dampers
Sun protection glass
Camera

Comes with 19 in wheels as standard in UK
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #2454
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Some lovely motors on order here, good work.

With the uk configuration not giving finance out these days it's tricky to see wgphat deals are on offer.

Please can anyone ordering a UK LCI update advise if the ballpark deal, heard duscout was still pretty hard to get. Please PM if you'd rather nit broadcast.

Many thanks in advance. PS are the LCI cars June onwards delivery?
      04-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #2455
cc3
Major
Rep

With the delay due to some colours being unavailable at launch been told my LCI 30d MSport is build week 22 so should be in UK first week July.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #2456
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive Shadow Edition

Smile WW ship tracking mid-Atlantic

All - if you're like me and you've been following your X3 (or X4 etc) from build to the UK, you'll have found that you can't track ships mid-Atlantic using the conventional tracking websites without paying extra.

However, if you use your smart phone to download 'Findship', you get access to the sat data (updated every 12 hours) without charge. You just have to tollerate the adverts that pop up every now and then. I've been following my X3 on 'Independence 2', which is about a day away from being picked up off the Scilly Isles.

Hope that helps those of you with the 3-week voyage from Charleston still to come! Enjoy.
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #2457
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
All - if you're like me and you've been following your X3 (or X4 etc) from build to the UK, you'll have found that you can't track ships mid-Atlantic using the conventional tracking websites without paying extra.

However, if you use your smart phone to download 'Findship', you get access to the sat data (updated every 12 hours) without charge. You just have to tollerate the adverts that pop up every now and then. I've been following my X3 on 'Independence 2', which is about a day away from being picked up off the Scilly Isles.

Hope that helps those of you with the 3-week voyage from Charleston still to come! Enjoy.
Great effort

Loved tracking my X3 across the Atlantic. Even looked at webcams at European ports to see them offloading. Very addictive!

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #2458
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

Thanks for that - very useful!
      06-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #2459
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I changed my order 4 times because of this forum tempting me and ended up with about £12,000 worth of options
Hey sfax - I remember those days, can't believe it's 3+ years already.

Can we not tempt you with a shiny new LCI? Groundhog day for me ... looks like I'm in for another 8 month wait for my next X3 although the anticipation isn't the same this time.
      03-13-2019, 05:57 AM   #2460
Chiurlamuore
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 Convertible

Hello,
my name is Paolo and I write from Italy (Milan), I already wrote in the G05 forum but I would like to ask also here.

I ordered a G05 in February, in Italy we receive a "my car is born" code in order to follow the car production from the Connected app (you can find a screenshot attached).

I've seen on Bimmerpost that from Europe to USA you can follow almost everything (also the ship).

Do you think is it possible also for cars direcedet from Spartanburg to Germany?

Sorry for my english.

Thank you

Paolo
Attached Images

Appreciate 0