BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #23
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven40 View Post
In Belgium delivery date of the new X3 is beginning 2012 !!!
Goes back to what I and others were saying about putting off customers altogether. There's no way I would order if told anything over 6 months, but I guess it depends on your circumstances and whether or not there are viable alternatives.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #24
julesjen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Thought I'd start a thread for tracking UK orders (or trying to!). My case is as follows so far

24 Oct 2010 - ordered
25 Nov 2010 - given production week 3
7 Dec 2010 - changed to production week 2
7 Jan 2011 - told no more amendments could be made as order has been accepted but car not yet "physical". Given VIN and production number
14 Jan 2011 - departed plant
15 Jan 2011 - given production status of "departed plant" as at 14 Jan, delivery still expected to be early Feb but no confirmed delivery date
24 Jan 2011 - told car still at status "departed plant"
26 Jan 2011 - checked Wallenius Wilhelmsen Track and Trace using VIN and found car
27 Jan 2011 - departed Charleston
14 Feb 2011 - expected to arrive at Southampton

So far 13 weeks elapsed, no confirmed delivery date. ScotX3 was given status departed plant on 14 Dec and is due to receive his next week which is 7 weeks after the departed plant date.

My expectation is now is 20-25 Feb

It is isn't possible to track your X3 online. Even if you register on bmwusa.com and enter your VIN or your production number, neither are recognised.

Your only option is to keep calling the dealer and asking him to check on his system but when that is stuck on departed plant for 11 days, you aren't left with much.

BMW use Wallenius Wilhelmsen to ship the X3s from Charleston to Southampton and their schedule is here:

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...countryList.do

Once your X3 is on a ship you can then use this link

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

Click Track and Trace and then enter your full VIN (17 characters) as Cargo ID. When it is found, you'll see Voyage Details and Status Details, like below.

When you know which ship it's on and if you really want to you can also trace its exact location using instructions here

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/ho...d-to-delivery/

If anyone else has any more to add or thinks any of this is wrong, please update!
Have tried every way possible to use track &trace ,but cannot log on,have VIN no from dealer can you help .dealers info on update still same as 2wks ago
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #25
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “log on” but you don’t need to login or register to use the WW website. I used Internet Explorer (v8) (it doesn’t work with Chrome) and then went to this link

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

On the right it says Track and Trace and then underneath there is an “All Users” button with a picture of an open padlock. Click this. It opens a new window (a popup window, so if you don’t see this window popup, turn off your popup blocker for this website and try again).

Then copy your full 17 digit VIN into the Quick Search Cargo ID field and click the Track button. I used to see a “No records found” message (in red) and now I see the status screen that you can see in my first post on this thread.

Sorry if you’re already doing all of this and it comes across as very patronising! Hope this helps.

My dealer is still yet to inform me that my X3 is now in the Atlantic.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #26
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Not wishing to tempt fate, perhaps I should have said in a boat on the Atlantic!!

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #27
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Not wishing to tempt fate, perhaps I should have said in a boat on the Atlantic!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2575009.stm

And nobody's to mention hail stones either!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7477849.stm
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #28
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2575009.stm

And nobody's to mention hail stones either!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7477849.stm
I'm relieved to see this link isn't a report of a massive storm in the Atlantic happening now!! Long way to go yet!

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 01:53 AM   #29
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The X3 is in huge demand in Europe especially for the xDrive20d. Suffice to say that the new X3 has really taken off in Europe and they are trying to keep up with the demand for the new X3.

The recently announced xDrive30d is also beginning to fullfill it's initial allocation.
      01-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #30
acey81
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d M-sport; F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The X3 is in huge demand in Europe especially for the xDrive20d. Suffice to say that the new X3 has really taken off in Europe and they are trying to keep up with the demand for the new X3.

The recently announced xDrive30d is also beginning to fullfill it's initial allocation.
Indeed, my sales guy says he's never seen anything like it. Even when the F10/11 was released the delivery time never exceeded 18 weeks.

I was looking at changing the order to a 3.0d in order to speed up delivery, however the allocation they had has already sold out and we're now looking at delivery in week 44!

I wonder if how much business they're losing out on because of the long delivery times?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #31
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey81 View Post
I was looking at changing the order to a 3.0d in order to speed up delivery, however the allocation they had has already sold out and we're now looking at delivery in week 44!
How long has the 3.0d been available to order in Sweden?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 01:12 AM   #32
ddanny
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I have a question concerning the basis price of 3.0d. The basis price on website of BMW and the BMW configurator is 39 315 (OTR). My London BMW dealer said that in his system the price is 39 435. Difference of 120 GBP.
Do you have similar experiences or do you know the reason about why the prices are different?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #33
Rcluff
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

Got my VIN

Managed to get my ViN from the dealer! Not looking as though the car is on the ship yet. Status has left the plant. Missed the 27th sailing so hoping will be on the ships that go out next week. Any idea how long it takes from factory to ship? Do they load in bulk? This tracking is great although very Sad! ).
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 03:30 AM   #34
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Finally got my order through my fleet management company. The good news is that their discount has increased so I got to add more toys.

The downside - the lead time quoted was 24-25 weeks. Ouch. Looks like the cold weather pack I ordered will be useful as soon as I get the car because we'll be heading into winter 2011 by then!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 03:44 AM   #35
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcluff View Post
Managed to get my ViN from the dealer! Not looking as though the car is on the ship yet. Status has left the plant. Missed the 27th sailing so hoping will be on the ships that go out next week. Any idea how long it takes from factory to ship? Do they load in bulk? This tracking is great although very Sad! ).
It is sooooo SAD but I just can't help it . With such excitement and such long lead times, what are we supposed to do to fill in the time?!?! I do draw the line at watching the live web cam at Southampton Docks though!

My departed plant status was 14 Jan. My loaded on vessel status on the WW website was 27 Jan so about 2 weeks in my case. I would just try your VIN every couple of days on the WW Track and Trace, it will appear there eventually.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 03:57 AM   #36
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I have just added some more detail to the first post in this thread.

My dealer is still giving me a status of "departed plant" incidentally. I haven't told him I know it's on a ship.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 05:37 AM   #37
acey81
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d M-sport; F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmite View Post
How long has the 3.0d been available to order in Sweden?
Well officially only about a week or two. But I guess there was a que before the official announcement...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #38
Reecie
Rep
Drives: Avant

Has anyone been tempted by the ex-demo cars that seem to be in the used market?

No quite sure if this is quite the right place for a secondary question but anyway. We've always bought our cars outright. With this being the price it is that is more of a stretch. What kind of deals are people seeing to finance their X3?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #39
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecie View Post

No quite sure if this is quite the right place for a secondary question but anyway. We've always bought our cars outright. With this being the price it is that is more of a stretch. What kind of deals are people seeing to finance their X3?
not for me really as the prices for these demo cars are in the region of brand new (after discount)... so unless you are desperate to get one asap and specs match your requirements, i would hold out for a brand new car instead.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #40
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecie View Post

BMW Finance at 3% on up to £20,000 was on the table.

I also use interest free balance transfer credit cards over 3 years. It's always much better than any short term loan deal in my experience because the handling fee is 2.5%-3.0% and interest free period is at least a year so you pay less than 3% pa. You will probably need a 900+ credit rating to get enough credit (depending on how much you need to borrow). And if you shift the balance from a purchase card that has cashback the real interest cost can be nearer 2% pa.

If you don't want the hassle, there's always hire purchase. Somewhere like lingscars maybe.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #41
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Have also used the credit card shuffle in the past but as it costs dealers money I have found now they won't do more than £5k which on an X3 doesn't get you too far. In my areas none of the dealer demos can be sold on pain of death from BMW until new ones to replace them arrive and for some reason this is frequently quoted as in April. So you might struggle to find one and even then get little discount. some dealer demos are actually sold but cannot be released until April - hope the buyers get something off.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #42
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
Have also used the credit card shuffle in the past but as it costs dealers money I have found now they won't do more than £5k which on an X3 doesn't get you too far. In my areas none of the dealer demos can be sold on pain of death from BMW until new ones to replace them arrive and for some reason this is frequently quoted as in April. So you might struggle to find one and even then get little discount. some dealer demos are actually sold but cannot be released until April - hope the buyers get something off.
Should have mentioned that you can't pay usually pay more £2,000 directly on a credit card but I transfer balances in advance using my normal monthly expenditure (rather than pay off the balance in full each month). You are effectively getting fee-free cash in return for a credit card balance this way.

That said, even if you took a direct cash advance with a 3% handling fee from a credit card and then transferred the balance to another card, this is only a one-off 3% fee usually, and the overall cost of borrowing is still £1,000s less compared with a 7% APR short term loan for example.

If you have a 900+ credit rating you can easily shift £20,000 on balance transfers this way.

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #43
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

The best site for tracking the ships progress (when you're bored!) seems to be http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais in my experience. My X3 is about halfway!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #44
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
Are thought BMW no longer accept credit card as a form of payment but only debit card? Credit cards provides the consumer with extra rights, i.e. being able to reject the product and ask for a refund if it goes wrong.
Appreciate 0