BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
MFox_Iowa
Rep
Drives: '04 X3

Kimberly BMW of Davenport - bad service experience

I purchased an 04 X3 3.0i from them several years ago, which included the factory extended service contract. Several items were replace under the warranty, but when the rear hatch switch on the hatch would not open the hatch they refused to honor the claim. They stated that it was a handle, I said it is an electronic switch. But they took their stand refused to budge.

Prior to this a radiator hose developed a pin hole leak and I gladly paid them to replace the hose. After they refused the hatch claim and the warranty ran out I took the vehicle to independent garage in Clinton Ia (Pelham Bros) and had them replace the transmission fluid, brake pads and front rotors. When checking over the car they noted that the radiator was canted in the front forcing the fan to cut into the transmission cooling lines. So they replace these lines along with the other work, plus obviously put the radiator in the support where it was supposed to be.

The real disappointment was with the BMW representative who answered my query as to why the hatch switch was not covered. His simply reply was that the dealer decides and BMW has no overriding decision on the matter.

SO, OBVIOUSLY our shadow will never cross the doorstep of the BMW dealer in Davenport again.
Appreciate 0