BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
Bbc14f
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 F25

BMW aftermarket navigation headunit has a 8 inch touch screen,

Hello everyone, I've just bought a used 2013 X3, it has everything I need except Bluetooth audio and gps. I'm considering going the Bimmertech route but my research revealed the unit linked below which seems like more bang for the buck. Does anyone have any experience with this system. http://radio-upgrade.com/index.php?l...t_detail&p=368
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i really dont like the setup, meaning the display of the screen.
Not close to OEM version
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
hoho_leung
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3

You need to make sure the navigation is great. I have 10+ navigation on different cars. Portable, aftermarket indash, factory indash... So I am expert on this. Some Chinese grade of GPS have very bad user interface and not reliable. From the price, I believe that one is Chinese grade. If I am you, I will avoid that. Also, if you always drive in towns with many tall building, you should not get portable or aftermarket indash because they have bad reception. That's exactly the reason I have to get factory indash.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #4
Bbc14f
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoho_leung View Post
You need to make sure the navigation is great. I have 10+ navigation on different cars. Portable, aftermarket indash, factory indash... So I am expert on this. Some Chinese grade of GPS have very bad user interface and not reliable. From the price, I believe that one is Chinese grade. If I am you, I will avoid that. Also, if you always drive in towns with many tall building, you should not get portable or aftermarket indash because they have bad reception. That's exactly the reason I have to get factory indash.
Thanks for the quick reply, I have the same concerns about the qualty, I was hoping someone had hands on experience with it.
Appreciate 0