BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #23
drwoodsy
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Still doesn't work for me so will make a trip to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #24
brianjarvis
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 M Sport Carbon Black

Sorry for the delay. Yes the battery charger light comes on and i get the audible beep beep. I'm going to try and take it in to the dealer tomorrow. I'll report back in case anyone else has the same problem. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #25
iFroze
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Brian, the beeping sound gives the hope that your adapter maybe fine. In any case, let us know what your dealer said about it.

Also, Im happy that Apple did not change iPhone design on 4S. This snap-in adapter should work with the new iPhone 4S, too. I cannot wait to get 64GB and not to struggle anymore with the lack of space for my music files.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #26
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFroze View Post
Also, Im happy that Apple did not change iPhone design on 4S. This snap-in adapter should work with the new iPhone 4S, too. I cannot wait to get 64GB and not to struggle anymore with the lack of space for my music files.
+1 It means that BMW will already have a snap-in adapter available that works * with a brand new iPhone rather than having to wait a year for them to produce one (by which time the next iPhone is already out!).

I am assuming that the latest iOS 5 works because I think someone has tried the beta

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #27
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver

I've got 6NR+Pro Nav+iPhone 4 and am waiting to see what I can get out of the USB White Cable before plunging into an adaptor. The Black BMW Y-Cable does not work at all, this was needed on my previous X3 without ProNav.

I haven't tried video yet mainly as I don't have any on the phone but I can use Twitter/Facebook/Web Radio as shown above as well as music etc. including album art (if the phone has it)

You must have the BMWConnected App loaded and in the foreground for it to work.

The fuel thing is actually a good idea if your sitting at work trying to remember how much you have left when factoring in journeys / times etc. It is not really there for when you're in the car!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #28
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Redbhuna,

In the US, audio and web radio work with the white cable, and without BMW Connected running. I have both 6NR and the US NAV package. Video does not work with the white cable, only with the snap-in adapter. I have yet to think of a circumstance when I would actually use the video.

I haven't tried Twitter or Facebook.

Last edited by 02420X3; 10-06-2011 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0