BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-12-2020, 12:27 PM   #1
tommarky47
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x3

Trouble wiring Parrot CK3100

Hi guys. New owner of a 2012 F25 here. We swapped an E83 and I took the Parrot car kit out. I have bought the relevant SOT wiring harness but once everything is connected up and I switch the ignition on I get the radio come on for about 2 seconds and then it dies. The Idrive screen also comes on and then goes off again. However, the parrot kit actually works, makes and receives calls and all the right things happen. I just can’t get the radio to stay on!
Possible thoughts?
I have wired in a switched 12v ignition lead as well but that makes no difference.
Do I need a harness with a CAN loom as well, ie to get power from the circuit in the radio wiring loom?
I’m beginning to think the harness I have is faulty in some way because everything works absolutely fine with the original radio plug fitted.
Any help greatly appreciated before I give up and ask “a professional” to help me!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 12:15 PM   #2
tommarky47
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x3

Thanks for all the help.
I’ve managed to sort this myself by being methodical, and because I’m a helpful sort of person I will share my findings.
The “newer” cars have a fibre optic feed at the quad lock harness behind the radio. Most of the add on harnesses for things such as handsfree kits don’t have a fibre optic feed through them so you have to remove the two cables from the original harness and reattach them into the new one you are adding to the back of the radio. Now everything works as it should.
Project finished.
Appreciate 0