BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

How long before delivery?

5 weeks ago I ordered a new X3. Until today, I was not told anything about the order but today I have been informed that the status is "production complete". I was given a production number and a VIN.

In your experience, how long does it take to move into delivery for Canadian customers? Also, is there a phone number I can use to get automated updates? I would assume that the US reps will not have it on record.

BTW, I ordered a Black Sapphire Metallic X3 35i with black Nevada leather, Technology Package, Premium Package, Executive Package and Dynamic Comfort Package. I may have gone overboard. Slightly.

Any info appreciated, thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

You can usually get the most up to date info at the BMW USA info line:

1-800-831-1117

Wait for the voice prompt and then say "vehicle production status"

Then enter your production number with your keypad.They will also accept a VIN number.

You can also track your status at the www.bmwusa.com website.
You have to set up an account first. Although it's not obvious, it is possible to enter a vehicle that you do not have yet as your main vehicle and then track it:

This is the detailed procedure:

There is a feature on our website, www.bmwusa.com, where you are able to track the production of your new BMW. Once on our site, please click My BMW from the right hand side of the top menu. In the following submenus, please select "My Other Vehicles" then "Add a Vehicle to this Account" to begin the process.

To set up a new account, please have either your production number or the vehicle identification number (VIN) available. Click on "Continue" at the bottom of the page. You will need to enter a username, password, e-mail address, and either production number or VIN on the "Add a Vehicle" page before requesting your My BMW information.

The registration process will require you to input an acquired date. Please enter today's date. Also, you will need to input either 0 or 1 as the acquired and current mileages. Once your new BMW arrives, you will be able to go back in and update these fields within your My BMW edit vehicle function.

Once you are finished registering, you will be forwarded to the home page of My BMW. The vehicle tracking feature is located on the left side by clicking the plus sign under "My Vehicles".

The BMW Customer Relations and Services Department is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. You can reach us at 1-800-831-1117.

Hope this is of some help.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

Not sure what they're doing for Canada bound cars, but if your car is done, I'd say no more than 2 weeks before its at your dealer. Congrats...and great info there by Lotus7
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks, both of you. Lotus7, the registration fails because the car cannot be located and the address required for the registration is a US address. I could invent one, but it still cannot find the car record. Thanks for your help though - much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Did you try the phone number?

If the production number is correct, that should return something.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

Your CA should be able to give you up to the min info as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #7
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks, I've called the number and they transfer me to an operator - we'll see what that turns out. My CA told me he'd let me know when the shipment would start and then he'd be able to give me a tracking code. I was just looking for an estimate on the time it takes to start the delivery. It is in my nature to seek as much information as possible but probably the best thing to do is just to wait. I have even been looking for the owner's manual on the bmw site - but so far no updates. I have been waiting for the X3 refresh for a couple of years now - which may explain my excitement.

Every little bit helped though so thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0