BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #23
jacb1301
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d AW-Tobacco

Oyster on White is great

I feel your pain...I thought the same that Oyster on AP would not look right but I have seen it in person and it rocks. I personally think Mojave would be the best combo with Oyster a close second. Check out this thread there are all types of good pics. LEDZEP has a great AP and Oyster.

XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum > BMW X3 Forums | F25 (2011 - Current) > BMW X3 Photo/Video Gallery » *OFFICIAL X3 M Sport Photos - Member's Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashy09 View Post
I think I am going to go with the Oyster. It might look a little weird with the white exterior, but maybe the black/white contrast on the outside will look good with the black/white contrast on the inside.

Going to buy the dog car seat covers for sure though! Maybe never take the baby out of the house either!

Can I buy some leather clean wipes and use them on the seats once a week or should I go with BMW's cleaner?
      09-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #24
electricjet
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 & F25

Garage List
Oyster leather seats => suggestions for care

greetings ... we own a alpine white x3 with the oyster leather and fine line wood trim ... no regrets ... the bottom half of the cabin is black(anthracite) and it compliments the oyster color very well

bmw uses a urethane covered leather which will require a slight different approach for care

it is recommended not to use any silicone and oil based cleaner, conditioner and protection

leatherique (cleaner & rejuvenatory)has been suggested ... indeed a very fine product ... it is however more appropriate for "old and worn" leather

I own following products:

bmw leather care:
waterbased - 1 step product .... boy does it stink ... leaves a cow paddy smell all over => NOT recommended)

Leatherique:
excelent product for older worn leather

http://www.detailedimage.com/Leatherique-M8/
(dont forget promo e90post for discount)

pristine clean
rejuvenator

Leather Master:
My favorite ... 3 step product ... clean, nourish, protect (water based)

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Leath...Kit_p_149.html

the kit costs $45 @ detailersdomain (dont forget the promo newbie for a 15% discount)

The Leather Master Kit comes with:
1 Strong Cleaner 250 ml (use strong cleaner and dilute 50% for more yield)

1 Protection Cream 250 ml
1 Vital Conditioner 250 ml

Bonus:
3 Uber Small Blue Notched Applicators
3 Uber All Purpose MF 16x16soft or strong cleaner
i hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashy09 View Post
I think I am going to go with the Oyster. It might look a little weird with the white exterior, but maybe the black/white contrast on the outside will look good with the black/white contrast on the inside.

Going to buy the dog car seat covers for sure though! Maybe never take the baby out of the house either!

Can I buy some leather clean wipes and use them on the seats once a week or should I go with BMW's cleaner?
Appreciate 0