BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #23
NOITALL
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwils View Post
Your point is exactly what I thought, but after looking at an X3 from the rear it does possibly look like the mirrors. when folded, are the same width as the widest part of body (at rear) , hence my post about that ?
Could this be M sport vs other ?

I am grateful for all help, I thanked Max who took time to do photos, top guy !

See what you think looking from rear of yours ?

I'm sorry if I'm boring you with the 'sigh' I just need to be sure before I spend £40K on a car that might not fit in my garage.

Cheers
You're not boring with questions, the sigh was a sign of frustration because I couldn't get my point across. Now that's out of the way...

.. I still think the mirrors are the outermost part of the car, even compared to the rear. MSport makes no difference, the mirrors are the same (and bumpers too, only different colours).

I'll snap a pic of the car from the rear with mirrors tilted so we can see.

Still: would you buy the car if it didn't have mirrors (1.9m if I recall correctly from above) to park in your 2.1 garage?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #24
NOITALL
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

You know, looking from behind it seems to be flush with the rear quarter (top of wheel well). I think you'll be ok with mirrors folded.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2016, 01:18 AM   #25
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

rob, I suggest you loan a vehicle from dealer and also let your wife test if she is willing to do the effort with limited space for entry/exit.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 02:16 AM   #26
robwils
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOITALL View Post
You know, looking from behind it seems to be flush with the rear quarter (top of wheel well). I think you'll be ok with mirrors folded.

Cheers
Cheers
      02-05-2016, 02:18 AM   #27
robwils
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
rob, I suggest you loan a vehicle from dealer and also let your wife test if she is willing to do the effort with limited space for entry/exit.
Yes , sounds like a plan, unless she scrapes it

Got some figures on the car yesterday too.
      02-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #28
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwils View Post
Thanks - you've gone to a lot of effort there for me, I appreciate it.
Rob
Pleasure to assist if I can, Rob. But as it seems I may have confused the issue with our 2012 X3 35i X-line's data, as my wife is now home (she gets to drive the 2015 X3 35i M-Sport ), I am able to compare side by side, and perhaps a bit more accurately with her assistance. I used two pieces of wood each 1-1/16" wide each set vertically on the ground at the widest points of the folded side mirrors and the rear wheel well trims superiorly, and measured at the point of contact in case wood not vertical with ground.

Interesting data - it would appear the LCI does indeed bring the mirrors flush with the side, but not so our pre-LCI 2012. So here are the pictures. You are fine regardless given your garage width, and still an estimation with human error involved, but I did wish to clear up the confusion as best I could.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #29
robwils
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Pleasure to assist if I can, Rob. But as it seems I may have confused the issue with our 2012 X3 35i X-line's data, as my wife is now home (she gets to drive the 2015 X3 35i M-Sport ), I am able to compare side by side, and perhaps a bit more accurately with her assistance. I used two pieces of wood each 1-1/16" wide each set vertically on the ground at the widest points of the folded side mirrors and the rear wheel well trims superiorly, and measured at the point of contact in case wood not vertical with ground.

Interesting data - it would appear the LCI does indeed bring the mirrors flush with the side, but not so our pre-LCI 2012. So here are the pictures. You are fine regardless given your garage width, and still an estimation with human error involved, but I did wish to clear up the confusion as best I could.
Many thanks, been a great help