BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
X3#1Fan
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 XDrive30D MSport

Just ordered my first BMW

Hi guys,

I have just bought my first BMW here in Perth Australia. After weeks of deciding on the numerous options on the X3, I have finalised my order with a X3 XDrive30D MSport in Alpine White.

Added the following cool options as well:
1) Sat Nav Professional
2) Internet
3) HUD
4) Dynamic Damper Control
5) BiXenon
6) MSport adds the following in Australia: Sport seats, performance control, variable sports steering, M leather steering wheel

Can't wait. It will be a January 2012 (probably towards the end of Jan) delivery.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Welcome and good luck with the new X3, mine coming november time (35D M Sport in V Red)
      10-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
GenX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Nice build, you'll love it!

Congrats!

Packages | M-Sport | Cold I & II | Tech | Premium | Sound | BMW Apps, HUD, Net
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

congratulation.... on your new BMW
same here as welll..... this my first BMW and it is a X3....
would you mind if i ask how much you pay for your new X3 pls?
cheers

ppduck
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Congrats! You'll love the Dynamic Suspension, good choice.
      10-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
X3#1Fan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppduck View Post
congratulation.... on your new BMW
same here as welll..... this my first BMW and it is a X3....
would you mind if i ask how much you pay for your new X3 pls?
cheers

ppduck
Thanks Guys, I am so excited about the car. January seems miles away.

ppduck - There is only one BMW dealer in Perth and I have heard that prices here are more expensive than the Eastern states but I was able to get roughly 8% off the RRP. I have heard stories of people getting up to 10% off but it was tough bargaining on the X3 considering how long the wait list is. I also managed to get 4 years free service from the BMW corporate program.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
X3#1Fan
Rep

Floor mats

I was also looking at getting some nice mats for the X3. Anyone bought Lloyd's floor mats before.

http://www.lloydmats.com/LUXE_featuresl.htm

They only have the left hand drive mat templates but I have emailed them and they said as long as I mail them a template of the right hand drive X3, they should be able to make one.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #8
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep

[ppduck - There is only one BMW dealer in Perth and I have heard that prices here are more expensive than the Eastern states but I was able to get roughly 8% off the RRP. I have heard stories of people getting up to 10% off but it was tough bargaining on the X3 considering how long the wait list is. I also managed to get 4 years free service from the BMW corporate program.[/QUOTE]

hi,
good one.... yes, it is a tough bargain too in sydney as X3 are so popular and the dealer told me that the incentive from BMW australia are almost nothing... therefore, not that easy to bargain....
with mine, i got around 10% discount + the 4 year free services and floor mat... so i think this is a pretty good deal....
cheers....
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 04:17 AM   #9
CCL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3#1Fan View Post

ppduck - There is only one BMW dealer in Perth and I have heard that prices here are more expensive than the Eastern states but I was able to get roughly 8% off the RRP. I have heard stories of people getting up to 10% off but it was tough bargaining on the X3 considering how long the wait list is. I also managed to get 4 years free service from the BMW corporate program.

That's a good deal! I got mine in Perth for about 5% of RRP. Now I feel I got ripped off They did throw in tinting and floor mats though.

FYI, you are right that there is only 1 dealer and it would be weird jumping around getting quotes within the same dealer. However, did you know the same owner has another dealership up North that has just recently opened? Would be interesting to get different quotes from the 2 dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 05:13 AM   #10
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

Congratulations, I hope you'll get it sooner than January
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
X3#1Fan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCL View Post
That's a good deal! I got mine in Perth for about 5% of RRP. Now I feel I got ripped off They did throw in tinting and floor mats though.

FYI, you are right that there is only 1 dealer and it would be weird jumping around getting quotes within the same dealer. However, did you know the same owner has another dealership up North that has just recently opened? Would be interesting to get different quotes from the 2 dealerships.
I have floor mats thrown in as well but I am keen on getting the Lloyds floor mats from the US. They look awesome. I did buy the MSport 30d though and they probably had more margin in that. Not too sure. But I am very happy with my end purchase though, I tested all 3 models, the 20d, 28i and the 30d. And the 30d just hit the spot.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #12
tagz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 xDrive 35i

Welcome the BMW family!

Good luck with your purchase!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #13
CCL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 20d

Quote:
I have floor mats thrown in as well but I am keen on getting the Lloyds floor mats from the US. They look awesome. I did buy the MSport 30d though and they probably had more margin in that. Not too sure. But I am very happy with my end purchase though, I tested all 3 models, the 20d, 28i and the 30d. And the 30d just hit the spot.
I was thinking of getting the floor mats from WeatherTech but I am guessing floor mats from the US won't fit Aust cause we drive on a different side?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #14
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCL View Post
I was thinking of getting the floor mats from WeatherTech but I am guessing floor mats from the US won't fit Aust cause we drive on a different side?
Too right. Turning them upside down and switching them to the other side won't work, LOL. Perhaps there's an opportunity for an Oz entrepreneur to create a new product. Or for an Oz distributor to convince WeatherTech to expand to a new market with a modified product design.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
bfabpt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

congratulations! i would have chosen the diesel x3 if it was available here in the US
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #16
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

hi X3#1Fan,

i guess the waiting period feels longer than the actual date.....
i have been waiting for 2 months.... and soon to arrive.... ppl from forum have good review and comments on the car... so worth the wait....
feeling excitied for my car to be here soon.....
cheers...
ppduck
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 01:03 AM   #17
X3#1Fan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
Too right. Turning them upside down and switching them to the other side won't work, LOL. Perhaps there's an opportunity for an Oz entrepreneur to create a new product. Or for an Oz distributor to convince WeatherTech to expand to a new market with a modified product design.
I actually emailed Lloyds, and they said if I sent them a template they will make one for me, since all their Luxury Mats are custom made. I will head down to my dealer next week get a template made and send it to them and hopefully have it ready when the X3 gets in.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #18
X3#1Fan
Rep

Oh and by the way, Jay Leno supposedly used them as well.
Appreciate 0