BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
4sure
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport Package

Parking Assist Control Button

Hi, just a quick question... Is the green light for the parking assist control supposed to be on at all times? Lately I been noticing it's off.. But on when I reverse.,. Am I going nuts?

Also, yesterday I reversed and hit a cement block on my X3 but the sensors didnt beep and I noticed the green light from that parking button was off??

Last edited by 4sure; 10-11-2011 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sure View Post
Hi, just a quick question... Is the green light for the parking assist control supposed to be on always? Lately I been noticing it's off.. But on when I reverse.,. Am I going nuts?
The PDC is automatically off when you are driving higher than certain speed (15kph i guess? don't really remember), and it's automatically re-activated when you reverse. You can manually re-activate and de-activate it as you wish by pressing the button.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
RSchneider
Private First Class
Austria
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive30d

There is a certain delay between selecting "R" and the parking assist coming online. And it stays on when you select "D" again, to around 10mph or so.

But I would never trust these BMW ultrasonic sensors. I scratched two rental BMW in Italy already because the parking sensors don't really work when you approach a round object (like a column), or when you approach a wall from a very flat angle. There should be two more sensors each forth and back and further out.
Appreciate 0