BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-07-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
alexkalt
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Xdrive 20d

2012 X3 Jet Black just arrived !

I just picked the car some days ago and I am very pleased with both driving experience and looks. Since this thread is for appearance I will concentrate on that: I am very pleased that I got the Individual Exterieur Line Aluminium (and not the Xline which IMHO spoils the black look of the car with the painted silver parts in the front and in the back) because it has the finishers, B and C pillars and mirrors in high gloss(and not matte black) which perfectly matches with the rest of the car color. Also in the interior, oyster , aluminum trim matches very nice with the black exterior and gives a dynamic look to the car

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
calagod
Green Light
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11/11 X3 20d MPack Carbonblack

Hi Alex,

Congrats to your new car, nice pics of your X3 - are there a lot of castles in Slowenia?
I think the colour of the seats are matching perfect to the X3.
What about the manual shifting - is it working well?
I am asking, because most of the X3's Drivers (I did as well) choose the automatic gear box.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
alexkalt
Rep

Hi calagod,

Thanks for the comments, I think I cannot say much for the manual gear at the moment as I have not driven more than 200km and try to be below 3-3,5 rpm. First impression is that it is smooth and it requires you very quickly to change shift. Up to the fifth gear the relationships are very close and maybe this is because of the torgue of the diesel engine(I did not have previous experience with diesel engines). WI have to drive it a bit more to have a valid opinion.

As for Slovenia, as far as I know there are a number of castles, I have been here for less than a year. For sure it is a nice place to have an X3 (ski centres, beautiful countryside and forests, several coasts nearby and situated centrally in Europe makes you considering trips to other countries)
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Congrats on the new car, I noticed you chose not to have the steering wheel buttons, any reason?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
alexkalt
Rep

Well no particular other than saving some money for some other options, I thought it was not that necessary..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

welcome to the club
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 03:36 AM   #7
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

looks good, congrats!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #8
Rodion
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

Nice car and nice scenery

Please keep us updated with your experiences with the manual gearbox. I have ordered the same (2.0d + manual) but I have read very little about manual gears in this forum.

I hope you will write about your experiences!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Congrats, Impressive pic's with the castle background
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Great pictures, you must be very happy with your ride. Could you please tell me what are those two buttons next to the gear shifter. I'm also going to go with the manual. Could you also take a picture of the just the centre console? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
alexkalt
Rep

tank531, the infamous..., Rodion, AJWilson thank you for your comments !

Anodite10, the two buttons are HDC (Hill Descent Control) and DSC-DTC(Dynamic Stability control- Dynamic Traction control). You will also have them in your car as it is standard equipment. Here are also two pics of the conslole, (your air condition unit may look different, I have one zone unit, standard is usually two zone)

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #12
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkalt View Post
tank531, the infamous..., Rodion, AJWilson thank you for your comments !

Anodite10, the two buttons are HDC (Hill Descent Control) and DSC-DTC(Dynamic Stability control- Dynamic Traction control). You will also have them in your car as it is standard equipment. Here are also two pics of the conslole, (your air condition unit may look different, I have one zone unit, standard is usually two zone)

alexkalt, thanks for the awesome pictures! It just makes me want to get this car even more. One of the other reasons I requested to see centre console pictures is because most of the other forum members have the navigation option (which comes with the larger screen) and also autobox and I see that you don't, and neither will I, so I just wanted to see how it would look. It actually looks really good, thought the screen would be smaller. Thanks again, and enjoy driving your vehicle!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #13
RichardBR
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 30D Msport DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
alexkalt, thanks for the awesome pictures! It just makes me want to get this car even more. One of the other reasons I requested to see centre console pictures is because most of the other forum members have the navigation option (which comes with the larger screen) and also autobox and I see that you don't, and neither will I, so I just wanted to see how it would look. It actually looks really good, thought the screen would be smaller. Thanks again, and enjoy driving your vehicle!
Hi Anodite10.

Just to clarify. There are 3 different setups that includes a screen. 1 without Navi and 2 with Navi.

BMW Radio Professional has a 6.5" screen (like Alexkalt has) with small set of speakers inkluded (can opt for bigger speakers) and iDrive
BMW Navigation Business has the same 6.5" screen as Radio Pro and has 2D maps.
BMW Navigation Professional has the larger 8.8" screen, a harddrive and 3D maps.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #14
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBR View Post
Hi Anodite10.

Just to clarify. There are 3 different setups that includes a screen. 1 without Navi and 2 with Navi.

BMW Radio Professional has a 6.5" screen (like Alexkalt has) with small set of speakers inkluded (can opt for bigger speakers) and iDrive
BMW Navigation Business has the same 6.5" screen as Radio Pro and has 2D maps.
BMW Navigation Professional has the larger 8.8" screen, a harddrive and 3D maps.
RichardBR, thanks for that. I didn't know that the business nav didn't upgrade the screen size. I'm just glad that I'll actually get a screen this time!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
Taransay
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 [On order]

Smile Jet Black

Great pics. My jet black is production wk 2 del wk 8!...So should get it late Feb, just in time to save buying new tyres, servicing and taxing my Octavia Scout. I have ordered Auto, X Line, Heated seats and mudflaps. Oyster Leather. Wish I had Xenon and Titanium Grill! I have purchased the BMW 5 yr Service Plan & Supagard.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taransay View Post
Great pics. My jet black is production wk 2 del wk 8!...So should get it late Feb, just in time to save buying new tyres, servicing and taxing my Octavia Scout. I have ordered Auto, X Line, Heated seats and mudflaps. Oyster Leather. Wish I had Xenon and Titanium Grill! I have purchased the BMW 5 yr Service Plan & Supagard.
Great - some Scottish pictures to look forward to soon with one of your castles and featured X3
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #17
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Very nice car, the spartanness of your car is actually really nice and refreshing. BMW simplifies (aka force feeds) options in the US in order to meet certain price points and maintain premium status. Really nice X3!
      01-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Congrats for the great car!
Awesome pics too
Appreciate 0