BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #1
KwajJay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 28d

Performance Center Delivery

I'm ordering an X3 from the BMW military sales program (MSP)and I'm thinking about picking my X3 at the PCD. I'm wondering what paperwork needs to be in hand or completed beforehand to pick up your vehicle. Since I'm stationed overseas so it's a little hard to do a lot of the required paperwork from overseas.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #2
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwajJay View Post
I'm ordering an X3 from the BMW military sales program (MSP)and I'm thinking about picking my X3 at the PCD. I'm wondering what paperwork needs to be in hand or completed beforehand to pick up your vehicle. Since I'm stationed overseas so it's a little hard to do a lot of the required paperwork from overseas.
I think the red herring here, and the reason you're not getting much in the way of help with your query, is the MSP element, which many on these boards will not be familiar with - including me.

In my conventional stateside sale some years ago, the local dealer merely checked a box on the order form (just as if it were another option) for the PCD, and it was made so.

I suspect that your sales liaison through the MSP would do something similar, but may not be sophisticated in such matters - to your detriment. You should ask and become convinced if this is what you want.

I will say that the PCD was worth every penny (but then again it WAS free) - and I assume you mean Spartanburg PCD and not the Euro delivery with a fam and drive time before shipment to the States (though that sounds like a blast too).

Good luck, and thanks for your service (I was a Navy aviator for 10 years).
      07-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #3
KwajJay
United_States
Rep

Thanks Kimo,

I received an email from the MSP folks and they said that the Spartenburg PCD no longer offered it as an option for stateside delivery. SUCKS! Just have to buy another BMW stateside sooner than later! Next time....
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #4
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Kimo,

I received an email from the MSP folks and they said that the Spartenburg PCD no longer offered it as an option for stateside delivery. SUCKS! Just have to buy another BMW stateside sooner than later! Next time....
I call Bullshite!!! . . .

Still clearly listed on the Website - http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ehicledelivery

Maybe they're right, but if not, good luck getting them to facilitate it . . .
      07-09-2015, 04:12 PM   #5
KwajJay
United_States
Rep

Kimo,

I'm just going to roll with it. I just wanted the big show when I picked up my X3, my feelings aren't hurt I still get a new Bimmer! Thanks for the link.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #6
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Kimo,

I'm just going to roll with it. I just wanted the big show when I picked up my X3, my feelings aren't hurt I still get a new Bimmer! Thanks for the link.
True that . . . enjoy the new car!!! The X3 is about our 14th BMW, and we've loved 'em all (perhaps obviously).