BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-11-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3-35i

2017 F25 Alarm Going Off By Itself

I have a two month old 2017 X3-35i that has been trouble free. So today after lunch I get out, close the door and hit the lock button on the key fob. As I'm walking away almost exactly a minute later the alarm goes off by itself. I turned it off with the fob, then started and ran the vehicle a few minutes. Get out, close the door, and lock it again. About one minute later same thing the alarm goes off by itself. All doors, hood and rear hatch are securely closed. Not parked on incline and nothing moved inside the vehicle.

Anyone have any thoughts on what the heck is causing this? It was fine this morning.

Last edited by Gort; 11-11-2016 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
HighPlainsCruiser
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 XDrive35i

Are you sure a heavy truck, helicopter flying over or any other vibration did not take place? On two recent ferry trips only X3 owners were called to the car deck to turn off alarms, so it seems to have a very sensitive alarm. On one other occasion it did go off on it's own, can't remember exactly what the cause was but it concerned a loud noise or vibration. Other than that nothing else for four years on my 2013.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #3
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3-35i

Actually I was in an area where there was heavy equipment nearby. Since it hasn't done it again since that day, that must be what it was. Thanks
Appreciate 0