BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-22-2016, 06:17 AM   #1
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

a good deal?

Just got my lease figures back for a replacement X3. For an extra £40 per month including VAT I can have the same car as I have now with the same spec (albeit some options that I picked are now standard such as power tailgate and heated seats) and add the following:- head-up display / LED headlamps / LED foglamps / Harmon Kardon hifi / VDC / 20" 310M alloys / Reversing Camera.

Looked at 2 year deal but works out about 4K more over the 2 years so its 3 years or nothing. Quite impressed with the figures, speccing it how I have makes a good car even better in my opinion. Means I will have it for about 2 years after the release of the GO1 X3 by which time all the gremlins should have been ironed out.

Decision time.....
      09-22-2016, 08:16 AM   #2
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

The new Audi Q5 will have been unveiled by the end of next week.

Until then I would hold off signing the dotted line for an X3 unless the dealer is giving you an unbeatable deal.
      09-23-2016, 03:55 AM   #3
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

Doubt new Q5 will be available for delivery by March 2017, not a fan of current Q5 bulbous looks and by all accounts the new one is going to be similar externally with the exception of lights and grille - not for me.

Have since found a deal with another provider that negates the £40 additional cost per month, everything for the same price as I am paying now. I could have a top spec Landrover Discovery Sport for same money but not struck on those, an F-Pace is in reach also but I don't what it is with it but I just don't like it. Could even have the soon to be replaced Landrover Discovery Landmark for similar money and it comes with all the bells and whistles but do I really want dire fuel economy and an outdated cabin?

I love the X3 and I think if I get anything else I will regret not sticking with one
      09-23-2016, 04:50 AM   #4
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Fair enough. The specs of the car you are getting are pretty impressive and if your monthly payments won't go up then iDrive 5.0, refreshed looks and added gadgets will make you a very happy man.

As you said it will be a good car to own for 2-3 years when the new X3 is more than 1 model year old and available with discounts.