BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #1
ninoo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 x3 2.0d Auto

Comparison 2011 and 2015 X3 2.0D

I have exchanged my 2011 X3 2.0D Auto for a new similar model (LCI) and have just completed 100 mile first trip. Some initial observations.

New engine is noticably quieter, smoother and revs quicker. Slightly increased power and torque is not noticable at this early stage.

Initial fuel economy is a little dissapointing , down about 4/5 mpg on previous car but very very early days. Comfort performance setting used so far.

Interior looks much better than previous car . I choose Sapphire black, Oyster seats and Anthracite trim ,Sports seats , 18" 307s RFT. Delighted with it but of course this is personal choice. I think the 18" wheels suit the appearance of the car especially in black. The car steers a little sharper with 18" rf but there is a little more patter over rough surfaces than with my previous car on 17" non rf

The standard Sat nav and communications system is good and works easily with phone and music ipod etc.

The standard sound /speaker system is better in my opinion but this may also be due to reduced wind noise.

The electric tailgate is practical and not as gimmicky as i expected.

At this very early stage I am very pleased and hoping fuel issue will improve.

Ordered in early Nov 14 and delivered on schedule yesterday by Conlans BMW Kildare Ireland

Last edited by ninoo; 03-20-2015 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 07:22 AM   #2
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Congrats on your new car ... Now for the pics .. Bonus for a leprechaun in the background

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Good to read about the improvement in NVH of the new B47 engine. Almost all reviews I've read of the LCI 20d have been positive about this. IMO the old N47 engine was almost as bad (noise-wise) as Volvo's D5 engine. I do hope the fuel economy will improve over time.

Tony
Appreciate 0