BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
Jonbowly
Registered
Rep
Drives: X320d

Hifi in X3 F25

Hi ,

We are about to order a 20d and I have already changed the options but want to get it right. I want to know if the standard sound system is just ok , reasonably good or better than most other cars. I wouldn't go all out for the 677 but considering the one step upgrade to the 676 hifi loudspeaker. When I was younger without kids probably would have done the loudest.

What is your experience?

Other options taking are Nevada leather, Business Sat Nav, Head up display, Anti Dazzle Side Mirrors, Top View, Bluetooth extended connectivity, Hi Beam Assist.

Also wondering what anyone's experience in options retaining value 2nd hand.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Jon
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
swallowtail
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Competition DCT

It's horrible. :-)

/end thread. Lol...

Seriously, the bass is thick, muddy and swamps mid range, what little there is. Top end is passable, at least it is not too shrill, but very little presence to it. Even at low volumes the bass tries to drown everything else, makes it hard to listen to.

Having said that, the only reason I have the stock setup is because it is easier to fix aftermarket.
      04-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Patton
Rep
Drives: Q5

Std audio

I have got the standard audio, biggest mistake I made. Family is complaining all the time how I could order a car like this.
Bring your iPhone and headphones.

No option retain their value as the car does but I like the black ceiling, Also if you get the hifi some kind of USB input is nice

Great car to drive!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
ajo
Registered
Rep
Drives: f25, e60, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbowly View Post
Hi ,

We are about to order a 20d and I have already changed the options but want to get it right. I want to know if the standard sound system is just ok , reasonably good or better than most other cars. I wouldn't go all out for the 677 but considering the one step upgrade to the 676 hifi loudspeaker. When I was younger without kids probably would have done the loudest.

What is your experience?
Go for the HiFi, it's amazing! The sound is really excellent and a must-have! In my F25 I do have the HiFi and sometimes you have to keep sitting in the car in front of your home,because you want to listen to the music till the end ..

The standard music is ...censored...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Simple rule: always upgrade from base sound on a BMW. I upgraded to the mid level system (called Business Loudspeaker System in UK) on my F25 and am very glad I did.
      05-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Went for top level one, and its fantastic, no problems with it, clear, loud and too many options that will keep even the most fussy of DJ passenger who says its all wrong to fiddle and get it right
Appreciate 0