BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-08-2018, 09:04 AM   #1
Terry Williams
Rep
Drives: 2018 x3 x30i

cargo lighting stays on

Does anyone know if there is what some manufactures call a battery saver, regarding your overhead lighting. For instance if you leave your hatch open, will the light eventually go out or will it just kill the battery?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
No1Cares
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3

I doubt it will kill you battery if you leave your hatch open. it should automatically turn off after a certain time has elapsed.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 01:22 AM   #3
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casotakar View Post
I doubt it will kill you battery if you leave your hatch open. it should automatically turn off after a certain time has elapsed.
Especially the LEDs they use nowadays only use a fraction of power compared with incandescent light bulbs, it would need to be on for a very long time to have any significant drain on the battery.

Talking about cargo lighting, pity that they did not use my previous GT trunk lighting, which consists of two rows of bright LED light strips - very bright and looks great.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 06:14 PM   #4
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Especially the LEDs they use nowadays only use a fraction of power compared with incandescent light bulbs, it would need to be on for a very long time to have any significant drain on the battery.

Talking about cargo lighting, pity that they did not use my previous GT trunk lighting, which consists of two rows of bright LED light strips - very bright and looks great.
LED interior lights in mine usually only stay on for a few minutes after I get home and leave the liftgate open.
Appreciate 0