BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-01-2017, 11:36 PM   #1
lcoon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 x28i

2014 F25 - Couple annoyances

I recently picked up a 2014 F25 and found a few things that annoyed me. I was able to take care of a lot of them with Bimmercode, but there's a couple things I still haven't figured out. I assume you people with much more experience will already know the answers:

1. I often bump the shift lever and accidentally put the transmission in neutral. I would love to code it so I have to push the side button to shift from drive to neutral, just like you have to push it when shifting into drive. Any way to do that?

2. I'm an Android user, and much prefer apps like Waze to the built-in navigation. I can't make voice instructions from the phone audible through the car's sound system. I can play music and podcasts from the phone over bluetooth just fine, so it's not the bluetooth connection, volume, etc. I can also hear the voice commands just fine in my wife's car, and I could in my last car, so it's not anything on the phone.

In fact, if I'm listening to a podcast or music from the phone while I'm navigating, the podcast or music will pause for Waze (or whatever app) to play the voice command -- only the voice command doesn't play. The podcast or music then picks up again when Waze is done. This is exactly the behavior I expect, minus actually hearing the voice command. Anybody seen anything like this?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #2
najnad
General of the Space Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 35i M-sport

Garage List
I have the same issue with Waze...no idea how to change it
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 05:44 PM   #3
Cajun X3
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 M Sport

I'm an iPhone user, so this may or may not apply. The way I get Waze to play audio instructions through the speakers is I use my charging cord and plug it into the USB port, then just play my music (not via Bluetooth). You will hear the instructions and it will even lower the music when it speaks. This will not work if listening to the radio. You have to have it plugged in and listening to your music on your phone. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0