BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

White Horse - Alpine White X3 2.0d Xline

Guys ! .. Here it is - we bought a X3 2.0D Xdrive Xline edition - Alpine White. Well, in India the story is slightly different - we don’t get to tailor make our BMWs but just have to go with the trims that have been set for each model. Here, the LCI version doesn’t come in 3.0D yet and Xline is the top line edition available.

A couple of features -
1. Performance control
2. EDC
3. Drive experience control with EcoPro
4. BMW Live - though I haven’t been able to get this working. I have 6AL and 6NS and can only update services via phone’s hotspot but shows a blank page for BMW live while the rocker graphic stops rotating(loading)
5. Xenons with LED fogs. Adaptive LEDS option not available for X3, only available for X5
6. Extended storage package
7. 18in RFTs 245/50/R18 - Y design (pictures below)
8. Hifi speaker system 7channels, 9speakers.
BMW secure package.

So far, I haven’t been able to turn off Residual Heat function and I see those 3-4 up arrows next to temperature indicator on both sides. I live in a hot country and tried hard to turn off residual heat function but those wriggly arrows dont go away. I have a feeling that my efficiency of AC may be reduced since its on but not sure - if anyone can confirm that will really be helpful.

The other one is BMW live with just opens with blank page even though i connects via bluetooth hotspot of my iPhone. Not sure where it is going wrong.

But apart from these, everything in the car is amazing - drive is good, the sport+ mode and sport modes are awesome. During traffic, eco-pro helps but I am still deciding my mind about the start-stop.
I also got the CQuartz finest coating done on the car to lock in the glossiness.

Some pictures below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Very nice araje. ... Enjoy

Happy new year

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
BrandX
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 28d

Nice ride. Almost exactly the same as mine! We have the opposite problem. I can't find how to turn residual heat on here in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 09:08 AM   #4
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Oh well, I can help in that. I just don't know how it set it off. I am doing everything the manual is saying but it doesn't turn off the residual heat.
Here's how to turn it on
1. Power off the car. (Just ignition off)
2. The small and large fan button - press it on large fan side beyond the highest fan setting.
This should turn on the wiggly up arrows beside the temperature digits. This turns on the residual heat.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 03:16 AM   #5
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

nice car.... must be rare in India too?

Never heard of residual heat - will see if mine does it too!
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 07:02 AM   #6
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Oh well, I can help in that. I just don't know how it set it off. I am doing everything the manual is saying but it doesn't turn off the residual heat.
Here's how to turn it on
1. Power off the car. (Just ignition off)
2. The small and large fan button - press it on large fan side beyond the highest fan setting.
This should turn on the wiggly up arrows beside the temperature digits. This turns on the residual heat.
On your cents should be a scroll to cold and hot, make sure it's on cold if you don't want residual heat as you call it in your car. That scroll overrides whatever you put on the temp gauges
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #7
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yup, I always keep that scroll towards the blue side to bring in the cold air. That scroll is between the 2 center AC vents near the emergency light.

As far as residual heat, here's what I was talking about. Just wanted to ensure we are on same page. Notice the wriggly up arrows next to temperature readouts on both sides. Thats what I am talking about. The manual gives a procedure to turn residual heat on which shows these symbols and a procedure to turn it off. The turning off is something I am not able to do even though I am following the manual word by word.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 06:01 AM   #8
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Does residual heat work on Pre-LCI 3.0d? How do I enable? Could have done with this feature recently.
I read an old post that says the 28i the 35i have electronic water pumps that can keep running after engine shut down. 2.0i and all diesels have belt driven mechanical pumps.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 04:52 AM   #9
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Yup, I always keep that scroll towards the blue side to bring in the cold air. That scroll is between the 2 center AC vents near the emergency light.

As far as residual heat, here's what I was talking about. Just wanted to ensure we are on same page. Notice the wriggly up arrows next to temperature readouts on both sides. Thats what I am talking about. The manual gives a procedure to turn residual heat on which shows these symbols and a procedure to turn it off. The turning off is something I am not able to do even though I am following the manual word by word.
Mine came with wiggly buttons, doesn't dampen how cold my AC is unless my scroll button is on hot. Should not affect anything in theory, hasn't affected my AC.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #10
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Looking good, congrats!
      02-14-2015, 12:20 PM   #11
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I posted a very very detailed review of X3 on one of the very active forums locally here.
I migrated to X3 from Q3 and did some comparison where I could. Here it is - with lots of pictures.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...er-speaks.html
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 07:47 PM   #12
vivekbd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Hi there,
What is a out of door price for this car in India?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 03:54 AM   #13
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by araje
I posted a very very detailed review of X3 on one of the very active forums locally here.
I migrated to X3 from Q3 and did some comparison where I could. Here it is - with lots of pictures.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...er-speaks.html
Good write up araje thanks for sharing

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0