BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i X-Drive

Just ordered X3 35i with M-Sports in US - details inside

Just as the title says, just ordered my X3 35i with M-Sports package. It's not updated online because production of M-Sports begins on april. Anyways, here's my specs:

Alpine White
Fineline Wave trim
Black nevada leather

M Sport Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Cold Weather Package

If you guys have any question about the M package then let me know. I'm happy to share infos.

As for me, I still have 2weeks or so to decide on colors and whether I want Premium hi-fi system. Is the premium system worth it? Also what color combination would you recommend? Thanks.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

if you are music lover.. Premium stereo is GREAT!! I'm very impressed with it.

Also, the Dynamic Handling Package is excellent. It really transforms the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyungy89 View Post
Just as the title says, just ordered my X3 35i with M-Sports package. It's not updated online because production of M-Sports begins on april. Anyways, here's my specs:

Alpine White
Fineline Wave trim
Black nevada leather

M Sport Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Cold Weather Package

If you guys have any question about the M package then let me know. I'm happy to share infos.

As for me, I still have 2weeks or so to decide on colors and whether I want Premium hi-fi system. Is the premium system worth it? Also what color combination would you recommend? Thanks.

-Josh
How much was the M Sports Package and does that mean they are discontinuing the normal Sports Package for $1550?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
How much was the M Sports Package and does that mean they are discontinuing the normal Sports Package for $1550?
No. The will keep the SAP for those of us who think the body kit is...well...fugly.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
flash3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
No. The will keep the SAP for those of us who think the body kit is...well...fugly.
-- I only want the SAP for the wheel, seats and rails and was hoping it wasn't being discontinued.

By any chance, is there a list with the features and pricing for the M Sport Pkg for the US available already?

I saw one last night for Canada, I think.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The M-Sport Package is $3000. It includes:

- sport suspension delete
- 19" M light alloy wheels (style 369M)
- sport automatic transmission
- performance control
- m sport package
- high-gloss roof rails
- sport seats
- aerodynamic kit
- shadowline exterior trim
- anthracite headliner
- sport steering wheel w/paddles

But you also HAVE to choose premium package
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
Jasonskitchen
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw x3 28i

Yes, please give some details on the M sports package... is it just aesthetic improvement...? Also, the dynamic handling package guy -- please tell us how it transforms the car. I ordered a space gray 28 w/ prem/tech/prem audio, but thats it for now...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

This is US m sport package specs. Also if you choose m sport package you can choose Carbon Black Metallic paint, which is the premium color for x3 m sport
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
flash3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The M-Sport Package is $3000. It includes:

- sport suspension delete
- 19" M light alloy wheels (style 369M)
- sport automatic transmission
- performance control
- m sport package
- high-gloss roof rails
- sport seats
- aerodynamic kit
- shadowline exterior trim
- anthracite headliner
- sport steering wheel w/paddles

But you also HAVE to choose premium package
Oh, you have to go with the Prem Pkg? I am outta luck, I am not going with this Pkg.

Thanks for the details.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
Jasonskitchen
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw x3 28i

I actually stopped into a dealership yesterday because I wanted to sit in a sport seat. They had a 3series there and the guy said it would be the same exact seat that would come in the X3... i mean, my ass was more comfy, but I'm not sure about the back. Does anyone else find those sporty back rails a touch too invasive, so to speak? I Like the X-line w/ the space gray but you can't just get that... u need the pack.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I personally cant sit on a non-sport seat. It just doesnt "hug" me when im cornering. But i dont know how it will be on an x3. I currently drive 335xi with sports
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Also just wondering. Has anybody got to try the new 6NR bmw apps thing? Im an iPhone user and i dont know if this is worth it..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #13
jt2
Annoyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

I ordered an X3 about a week ago, and was able to change the order yesterday to M-sport.

The "sport suspension delete" line is a bit confusing. My sales rep couldn't tell me what, if anything it adds in its place, like DDC. He said he'd get back to me, but it doesn't make sense to have the perfomance control, and not the DDC.

Some online sites show the M-sport as having DDC, others don't.

Seems to me if you have to ad Dynamic Handling to get it, it should at least be discounted with the M-sport pkg?

Anyone know the truth?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #14
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sport suspension "delete" is also very confusing to me.. But you get performance control so im guessing you can change suspension stiffness?? Anybody know?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #15
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonskitchen View Post
Yes, please give some details on the M sports package... is it just aesthetic improvement...? Also, the dynamic handling package guy -- please tell us how it transforms the car. I ordered a space gray 28 w/ prem/tech/prem audio, but thats it for now...
The Steering becomes much tighter for perfect control.
The suspension stiffens, makes cornering as if it was a much sportier car. If you are in Normal mode in the middle of a turn, the car rolls. Hit the sport button and it snaps back in to place.

I'm not sure if anything else really changes with the tranny different than just moving the shifter to the left for sport.

I really like the option, because it makes it drive nothing like an SUV. Which is nice to have since I just switched from a 135i.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #16
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Quote:

-Josh
If you love music and pay attention to details on the notes, then you will notice the difference and will be able to appreciate the premium, otherwise if you are an average listener, then the regular system will do good. Mine is mostly going to be a family car with wife and kids around most of the time, so I get very little drive alone time, so I did not care much for pro system in this car.

My color combination is space gray metallic and black nevada leather, we initially thought to go for silver metallic, but happened to see this combination on X5 35d and wife immediately loved it. So we went for it. I also liked vermilliion red and black saf, but do not want to go for darker color, since my current car is a black suv and it looks great when clean, but shows up dirt very badly, hence thought to avoid dark colors on this new car.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
TrikinCurt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral Silver

Quote:
Also just wondering. Has anybody got to try the new 6NR bmw apps thing? Im an iPhone user and i dont know if this is worth it..
It isn't out yet, it is a part of April builds. I have it on order for PCD on April 26th, so I will get to know the apps on the 1100 mile trip back home!
Appreciate 0