BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
ChitownX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 CB X3 35i MS; 07 BS M Coupé

Cup holder removal - radar hardwire

Hi all - I'm in the process of hardwiring my Passport Max radar with a SmartCord direct wire kit. So far I've run the wire through the mirror bezel, behind the headliner at the windshield, behind the passenger A pillar cover and kick panel and under the dash knee panel. My goal is to mount the SmartCord control module to the centerstack panel in the cubby space behind the cup holders and tie into the 12 volt outlet. My next step is to run the wire through the console. I’ve figured out how to remove the centerstack panel above the cup holders. I’m looking for guidance on how to remove the cup holders so I can get access to the leads feeding the 12 volt outlet. I’m guessing that there are screws under the rubber inserts in the cup holders. Any insight would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

I paid Best Buy $29 and they wired my Passport w/smart cable in my M3. Easiest install I ever did.

I haven't looked at removing the cup holder but I'd imagine you'd have to pop the center console trim off and start separating from there.