BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-28-2018, 12:43 PM   #1
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

CPO 2017 xDrive35I

I used to hang out here a lot when I had my 2007 335i. Special ordered it and had to wait for it to come over on the boat. I tuned it and raced it at the local drag strip. Best I got was 12.5 seconds at 115 mph.

Traded it for a new 2010 GT500, which I also ordered. Upgraded many parts, including the supercharger. Dynotuned at 650 hp street and 700 for the track. Set it up to go fast in a straight line for 1320 feet. Best ET/trap was 10.75 at 135 mph with 4.11 rear end. Slower with the 3.55 gears.

Still have the Shelby but haven't raced for 4 years or so. Things happen fast at 135 mph and I didn't think I had the skills to pull out a fishtail like I did when I hit spilled coolant on the track at about 130 mph. I sold all my racing stuff. It's now just a very powerful grocery getter with a really nice exhaust rumble (magnaflow magnapacks after the axle and magnaflow resonators before the rear axle)

Anyway, just got my wife an F25 with N55. Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Driving Assistance, Driving Assistance Plus, Lighting Package, Technology Package, xLine.

(Can somebody tell me exactly what xLine is. As far as I can tell it means 19" Wheels, and different wood)

My wife won't let me drive it much, but the couple of times when she did I was very impressed. Very quick, very refined (especially compared to the Shelby), exceptional handling from a SAV, and the ingress/egress is just right for my bad knees/hips. The sport mode put a smile on my face.

There will be no drag racing. Just wanted something with enough power to pass on winding two lane roads. If she ever lets me drive it again, I'll give a fuller report.

In the meantime, what do we need to watch out for - known issues, quirks common to the vehicle, or your favorite features.
      04-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
MichiganMike
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post

(Can somebody tell me exactly what xLine is. As far as I can tell it means 19" Wheels, and different wood)
The xLine trim includes a number of cosmetic changes in addition to the 19" wheels. These include different styling for lower portion of front and rear bumpers, chrome trim around side windows, different rocker panels and special door sill plates. Leather seats may have embossed X in headrest and contrasting thread.

Usually at >50K miles, water pump issues and oil filter gasket leaks are known problems with the N55 engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 01:36 PM   #3
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMike View Post
The xLine trim includes a number of cosmetic changes in addition to the 19" wheels. These include different styling for lower portion of front and rear bumpers, chrome trim around side windows, different rocker panels and special door sill plates. Leather seats may have embossed X in headrest and contrasting thread.

Usually at >50K miles, water pump issues and oil filter gasket leaks are known problems with the N55 engine.
Ah, thanks. When my better half gets home I'll check it out.

At least no more HPFP issues.
      04-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

OK, MichiganMike. Yes there is X embossed in headrest, contrast stitching, XLine door sill plates, and chrome trim around side windows. I'm sure you're right about the front/back bumpers, and rocker panels, but I don't know enough about the basic style to know what the difference is. Thanks for the great info.

[Edit] Found a pic of a 2017 X3 without xLine. I definitely see the difference in the rocker panel treatment as well as the front and rear bumpers.[/Edit]

Last edited by lawdude; 04-28-2018 at 05:59 PM..
Appreciate 0