BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-25-2018, 01:55 PM   #1
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2021 X3 M40i

Setting TPMS when winter and summer tires in/on car?

I've done this many times before but this time I was able to set it. I recently bought a new set of all season tires to put on my BMW wheels. They have TPMS sensors in the wheels. I had them take off the winter wheels/tires and they put them in the cargo area. They also have TPMS sensors in BMW wheels. After they put on the new all-season tires I drove off with the winter wheels/tires in the cargo area also. I went to check the TPMS sensor setting in I-drive but it said it was active. In the past when there is more sensors than there should be it wouldn't re-set the PMS but it was set this time. And as far as I know the shop didn't take the car out and reset the TPMS before putting the winter wheels/tires in the car. Is that possible to have the TPMS set with 8 sensors in and on the car? After I go home and unloaded the winter set, I drove off and reset it to make sure they kept he TPMS sensors in the wheels they were putting the new tires on. And it reset ok so I must have sensors in those wheels. And there was no reason for the shop to take out the winter wheel TPMS sensors since all they were doing was removing the wheels/tires and putting them in my cargo area.
Appreciate 0