BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
P1Fanatic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 30d M-Sport Alpine White

RTTI Working (Connected Drive Store issues in the UK)?

I had an email in Feb from BMW saying my RTTI was expiring that day. Very helpful reminder – not. Anyway I logged into Connected Drive store on my PC, added 1 year RTTI @ £40 to my shopping cart but it failed to purchase and threw up an error. Thought it might not like my credit card so tried another but same thing. So contacted BMW Support and it’s a widespread issue their end. They suggested trying to renew in car but I can get so far then it says no connection. And it.s annoying to retry as have to retype in username and password each time using idrive = tedious. So I gave up.

Anyway, my RTTI seems to still be working. At least on my nav screen bottom right status box says RTTI and I get the different colours along the road i.e. red for traffic. Also when there are delays I get the +5 mins etc. Not used it enough or been in a situation where it offers to reroute. But to me it looks like my subscription is still active. At first I thought maybe BMW had just extended it due to the problems stopping me renewing. But they have never mentioned it.

Likewise I see people talking about having to pay for Connected Drive after 3 years at something like £120 (assume pa). But mine is 4.5yrs old and never had to. Thought as mine was used it might be 3yrs from purchase but have had the car over 3yrs now.

I guess I just keep using it and see what happens.