BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-06-2017, 09:15 AM   #23
airbagit13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW x3

Added some spacers to the wheels, 20mm in the back 15mm in the front. I think it has a much more aggressive stance now. I also removed the iDrive emblem fromthe door and moved the //M emblem to where it is on the European Msport.

Last edited by airbagit13; 11-06-2017 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #24
Kingpin4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i/2019 M2C

+1 on upgrading headlights. :
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #25
airbagit13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin4 View Post
+1 on upgrading headlights. :
Headlights are a big hit to the pocket, spacers were a combined $110. I will end up getting the xenon headlights in a month or two. That's the next upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 03:08 PM   #26
atarivers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 xDrive35i M Sport

Xenon headlights are fun. I can still remember the first time they popped on as I pulled into my garage, the strobe effect was jarring.

I can understand the appeal of modifying an Alpine White model. It is after all among the most popular colors by far (I have one, 2014 X3 35i). All things considered, I would have put the money toward the more powerful engine - but I'm more interested in performance and what's under the hood than what the vehicle looks like. I do kind of like the idea of colorized caliper covers but I don't see myself doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbagit13 View Post
Headlights are a big hit to the pocket, spacers were a combined $110. I will end up getting the xenon headlights in a month or two. That's the next upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #27
airbagit13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarivers View Post
Xenon headlights are fun. I can still remember the first time they popped on as I pulled into my garage, the strobe effect was jarring.

I can understand the appeal of modifying an Alpine White model. It is after all among the most popular colors by far (I have one, 2014 X3 35i). All things considered, I would have put the money toward the more powerful engine - but I'm more interested in performance and what's under the hood than what the vehicle looks like. I do kind of like the idea of colorized caliper covers but I don't see myself doing it.
I'm not going to do the covers anymore, after I get the xenons I will end up just having my brake calipers painted. After thinking about it I think the covers look cheapy. I would have liked to have gotten the more powerful engine but unfortunately I had to stick to a certain budget for monthly payments. All and all I don't expect to spend more then about $1k in upgrades. I am going to pick up a used set of Xenons, on ebay they seem to go for about $250 - $300 per light. I don't think I am going to lower her any longer since I do drive my family around in the car and don't want to have a bumpy ride.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #28
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Get H&R's. Love mine. Search for my posts.

And take off the poseur M badges please...

Finally, if you have to ask whether modifying your car will void its warranty, then you shouldn't do so, because you should already know the answer to that...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #29
airbagit13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Get H&R's. Love mine. Search for my posts.

And take off the poseur M badges please...

Finally, if you have to ask whether modifying your car will void its warranty, then you shouldn't do so, because you should already know the answer to that...
Actually I've learned since making this thread that some dealers are fine with you lowering your ride. My dealers are not.

Are they really poser M badges if I'm just copying the European Msport? Genuine question.

Edit: Took them off.

Last edited by airbagit13; 11-08-2017 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #30
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Actually I've learned since making this thread that some dealers are fine with you lowering your ride. My dealers are not.

Are they really poser M badges if I'm just copying the European Msport? Genuine question.
Modding your car voids certain parts of its warranty. Fact. As long as you go in knowing that, you take your chances, and some mods are more likely to cause warranty headaches, and some aren't. It's Modding 101. If you've got an easy going dealer, then your headaches will most likely be less.

Sorry, didn't realize you'd bought the X3 M40i.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 04:59 PM   #31
airbagit13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Just received my replacement Dinan Sport Tuner (the first was defective) only had a few minutes to drive it around but in Sport + mode it felt way more responsive to throttle input. Excited to drive around a bit more with it tomorrrow.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 12:34 AM   #32
Pangskicks
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Hi all, I am new to this forum.

I recently bought a 2017 X3 Msport. I've switched out the grille and added two ///M logos on the sides. I also added in those little door lights that project the BMW logo on the floor at night.

Future plans include lowering it 2", replacing the brake caliper covers with M blue colored covers, Wheel Spacers and possibly some carbon fiber for the interior.

Edit: No longer going to lower her. I drive the family around and don't want a bumpier ride. Also, no longer going to get brake cliper covers, I am going to have my brake calipers painted.

Few questions.

Edit: Leaving this here because people responded to it and don't want to confuse anyone.

I was looking at the Eibach Pro Lowering kit but it only lowers it about 1.2" So I am thinking about the H&R Sport Lowering Springs which will give it 2". Anyone with experience with either of these kits? If dropped 2" will I bottom out if I hit bumps? I had an eclipse that was slammed to the floor when I was younger, It rode like crap of course but looked beautiful. Will these lowering kits effect the ride of the car?

My only worry is a voided warranty. I would hate to lower it only to have problems when I bring it into the dealership.

Any help or experiences are appreciated!

I am looking for a rear spoiler, the original one looks weak, any suggestions?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #33
Cajun X3
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 M Sport

Nice job! Our X3s are very similar (we've done similar mods, too). I've been thinking about the black grilles, but am still on the fence about it.

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 10:35 PM   #34
airbagit13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun X3 View Post
Nice job! Our X3s are very similar (we've done similar mods, too). I've been thinking about the black grilles, but am still on the fence about it.

I'm not a huge fan of the matte black grill I have. It's so bulky. Today someone stole the 3 //M inserts so I think I am going to try to find a gloss black grill. I am going to wrap my hood in roof with gloss black vinyl so I think it will look good.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #35
GoVikings
GoVikings
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 35i M Sport

contemplating grill mod too

Newbie here. I have the same alpine white 2017 X3 M sport, just got it! I am thinking about adding m sport touches on the outside just like you did - I like how the //M looks on the sides - nice! are you still happy with it?

Check out what I am thinking of getting for the grill (pics from sellers, not my m sport) glossy black double slat (to go with my black gloss rails) surrounded by carbon fiber frame. I plan to add some other genuine carbon fiber details. What do you all think of tri color vs not? I love the look but worry it implies M performance engine? I do have a 35i engine, but not quite the same.

Finally, did you get genuine BMW door projector lights or much more affordable non-OEM?

I'm excited to be a member of the bimmer club!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #36
airbagit13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVikings View Post
I'm excited to be a member of the bimmer club!
Welcome! Do you have a link to that grille? I like it a lot.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #37
GoVikings
GoVikings
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 35i M Sport

Quote:
Welcome! Do you have a link to that grille? I like it a lot.
Hey airbagit13, thanks

Your X3 looks awesome... I like the little M badges on the sides too!

Here's one seller on AliExpress (China) that has a variety, with and without tricolor for example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Doub...52da3c00nrVXc0

But it's hard to know how reliable these Chinese suppliers are...

I've decided no to tricolor but still contemplating double slat vs single slat for my M-sport X3, not sure how people feel about using doubles for non-M performance vehicles?
Appreciate 0