BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Toecutter
Private
Rep
Drives: rattletrap

No-Cost Maintenance program details

One can use the BMW 4 year/50K mile no-cost maintenance program at any dealership, correct? In other words, if I were to buy from Dealership A could I get my maintenance from Dealership B?

Also, does BMW reimburse the dealership for the provided maintenance service?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
beto_L.A.
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

You can take your BMW vehicle to any BMW dealer for Warranty service and schedule maintenance.
But depends on the dealers you might not get a FREE loaner car if needed if you take it to a different BMW dealer from the one that you made the purchase.
That happened to me...I purchased from dealer A and on 2 occasions I took my car to dealer B and when I needed a loaner car I had to pay $20 per day to dealer B.
      10-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
Toecutter
Private
Rep

Thanks beto.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
how does one become a service customer of another dealer? i mean like to the point where you can get a loaner car even if you didn't purchase there? An example, what if i move to another city and need service.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
beto_L.A.
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
how does one become a service customer of another dealer? i mean like to the point where you can get a loaner car even if you didn't purchase there? An example, what if i move to another city and need service.
I'm talking of my experience here in
Los Angeles Ca. Dealers compete against each other trash talk one another....so just because you buy a BMW car it does not guarantee you will receive the same treatment from
Dealer X Y Z when you bought your car from Dealer A...
On the free loaner car situation you are priority at the Dealer you buy the car from, and those who take their cars to a different BMW from the one they bought their car, it's harder to get a loaner car even if you make an appointment with weeks in advance.
They'll give you a ride in their shuttle vans to your job or home...
That is why I get my cars from the closest dealer possible this will at least get me some perks that others don't get because they got their car from a different place.
      10-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
GQX3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by beto_L.A. View Post
I'm talking of my experience here in
Los Angeles Ca. Dealers compete against each other trash talk one another....so just because you buy a BMW car it does not guarantee you will receive the same treatment from
Dealer X Y Z when you bought your car from Dealer A...
On the free loaner car situation you are priority at the Dealer you buy the car from, and those who take their cars to a different BMW from the one they bought their car, it's harder to get a loaner car even if you make an appointment with weeks in advance.
They'll give you a ride in their shuttle vans to your job or home...
That is why I get my cars from the closest dealer possible this will at least get me some perks that others don't get because they got their car from a different place.
Also toecutter,
Before I started my purchase I looked up dealers in the L.A. area on Yelp for reviews, it is a 50/50 propositon on their ratings unless you have experenced it yourself. Most are ficticous by the dealers writing their own review.
The service side I found is a whole other story for new BMWs, especially with the X3's and the iDrive system. I have found there is no such thing as a certified BMW mechanic at the dealers out here in LA, most do not send their mechanics anywhere for training, yes they do send their sales people back to So. Carolina but that is it. So I would pick the dealer you bought it from and see if they offer a free loaner, because more than likely they will need the car overnight to figure your problem out.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
Toecutter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQX3 View Post
I would pick the dealer you bought it from and see if they offer a free loaner, because more than likely they will need the car overnight to figure your problem out.
Interesting information, thank you.
Appreciate 0