BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
andrewbmw
Rep
Drives: x3 28i

Bluetooth lag when accepting incoming calls

Hello folks,

I noticed some delay when accepting the incoming call with my iPhone 3GS via x3 Bluetooth. It will ring another 2 to 3 times after I press the accept button in steering wheel, before I could hear the other side. For the first few times I thought it was not connected and pressed again which actually ends the call.

It's not a big deal but just want to ask if it's expected behavior or my bt module might has some issues.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
bcollins1
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

I think I've noticed the same thing. I've only had my car for a couple of days so I've only had a few calls but it seems to take longer than I would expect to connect. Are you accepting the calls with the iDrive controller or the steering wheel button?

Last edited by bcollins1; 07-03-2011 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

I have also experienced that with the iPhone 4 both using Bluetooth and in the cradle. I started accepting calls by depressing the iDrive controller and it's worked well. Haven't been able to think of anything to adjust to improve the situation. It only started happening over about the last 3 wks. Had my car since February and hadn't noticed the situation until recently. Had a BMW software upgrade and iPhone upgrades. Perhaps something isn't working quite right between them?
      07-06-2011, 04:41 AM   #4
Marspilot
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Garage List
2017 M240i  [0.00]
Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
I have also experienced that with the iPhone 4 both using Bluetooth and in the cradle. I started accepting calls by depressing the iDrive controller and it's worked well. Haven't been able to think of anything to adjust to improve the situation. It only started happening over about the last 3 wks. Had my car since February and hadn't noticed the situation until recently. Had a BMW software upgrade and iPhone upgrades. Perhaps something isn't working quite right between them?
Mine works perfect with iDrive, but after the car has been off for a bit, the first incoming call can't be answered with steering wheel button, only iDrive. After the first call, the steering wheel button works ok. Weird.
Appreciate 0