BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-30-2023, 09:17 AM   #1
MaccBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Headlight self levelling

Hi, My right hand side headlight is remaining in the lowered position. When I start the car I can see the left light dip and rise as it should but the right hand one is stuck in the down position. Where do I start, i'm a reasonably ok home mechanic but that's about it. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 03:37 PM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Welcome to the forum...
Check if the leveling motor is getting power, if so check motor operation, if working, verify all internal headlight adjuster/pivots are not broken.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 06:42 AM   #3
MaccBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Many thanks for your help and welcome. I had a look inside the light but couldn't hear anything coming from the motor until I got my wife to start it whilst I gently put pressure on the lift assembly. After a couple of tries it looked as though there was slight movement so I carried on and after six or seven starts it now behaves how it should. I was concerned about putting too much pressure on and popping the connection so I was careful but it looks now as though all is well. Thanks for giving me the confidence and the place to start.
Appreciate 0