BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
hpotter
Rep
Drives: X4 F26

quad exhaust pipe on xline?

recently got my x4 35i xline, have a question regarding installing the remus exhaust. Does right of the rear bumper panel need to be cut to fit the exhaust tip? If so is there a template? Or need to replace the panel with the M version?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #2
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

After the new hideous X4 reveal shots...following this thread, may just keep mine and upgrade the exhausts
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 01:51 AM   #3
KenMarn
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X4 F26

Hi,

I didn't get the remus exhaust, I had a custom quad outlet installed on my X4 35d. We removed the rear muffler to see how load and decided to add straight through exhausts with dual outlets each side.

Surprisingly the exhaust note is hardly any loader.

Cheerz
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #4
hpotter
Rep
Drives: X4 F26

Thank you KenMarn for the photos. Looking at the second the picture, the right bumper panel is cut, what did you use as a template? It looks like just a thin plastic need to be cut. If so, that is much easier than I expected.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 04:25 PM   #5
KenMarn
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X4 F26

Hi,

Once the rear muffler was removed, we used the existing cut-out for the exhaust as a template for the other side, just use thick paper or flexible cardboard. I think you can place on the inside of the bumper, press against the cut-out and trace from the outside. Then just mark the centre of the bumper and measure to find where the cut-out will begin.

BTW, there is a cable for the rear distance sensors that runs near where the cut-out is, so check inside the bumper and unclip if necessary.

Mark used a cordless sabre saw with a thin plastic blade to cut just inside of the marked line, then use a file to smooth to the cut-out line.

I think I'd purchase one of these carbon fibre bumper inserts and install rather than making the cut-out, not cheap but I think would add class to the X4, a front CF spoiler is also available.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132025783473

For my X4 35d, we didn't need to install any resonators or mufflers as the exhaust note was hardly any louder than with the original rear muffler, we suspect the front Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) dulled the exhaust note.

Cheerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpotter View Post
Thank you KenMarn for the photos. Looking at the second the picture, the right bumper panel is cut, what did you use as a template? It looks like just a thin plastic need to be cut. If so, that is much easier than I expected.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #6
cold_fusion
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X4 30d M sport

The Remus comes with a template for easy cutting. Instructions for cutting the old exhauts pipe and 3 tubes in different sizes with clamps are also included.
Attached Images

09-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

These pics are all msport, any xline quad exhaust options?
Appreciate 0