BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #67
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by periwinkle View Post
Yeah, a 4 month wait was definitely not what I expected. Somebody posted the other day about the 2012s potentially coming out in July. Does anyone know what changes they may be making for the 2012s?
I heard from my CA the only thing that is changing is the way the options are packaged. Don't know how true that is....
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #68
jt2
Annoyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
Don't be so bitter, the US is the only country this customer service is available to; and I suspect it has more to do with the new plant at Spartanberg and the monitoring facilities it has built into the plant. I heard somewhere on here (I think) that if the customers like the service, BMW may expand it to other countries.
I don't know how long it (the order tracking website and number) has been around, but I used it in 2005 on an M3 order, so it is at least that old. So no connection to Spartanburg.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #69
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2 View Post
I don't know how long it (the order tracking website and number) has been around, but I used it in 2005 on an M3 order, so it is at least that old. So no connection to Spartanburg.
The tracking system has been around a while, true, for US customers, BUT I was responding to a comment by a Canadian customer, and Cdn customers do not have the same tracking system. Pretty much have to get info from the dealer only. And the DVD that you US customers get, is exclusive to the US, and is due to the Spartanburg plant.
      05-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #70
jlr_1304
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
The tracking system has been around a while, true, for US customers, BUT I was responding to a comment by a Canadian customer, and Cdn customers do not have the same tracking system. Pretty much have to get info from the dealer only. And the DVD that you US customers get, is exclusive to the US, and is due to the Spartanburg plant.
X3s for canada are not made from Spartanburg plant?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #71
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Some Australian car are delayed. Particularly 3.0d. These X3s are offered standard with an automatic tailgate operation and the components for this come from Japan and that particular supplier is affected by the recent disaster.
I was told today my 3.0d May production has been pushed back to June, however an hour later I got a call to say that the stock controller had confirmed a May production but no week yet. So I am not sure at this stage. Wait and see.
      05-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #72
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr_1304 View Post
X3s for canada are not made from Spartanburg plant?
Yes, they are. Don't follow your comment??
      06-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #73
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

Three-month anniversary of my "order"

Three months ago today I placed my order at dealership 1. After over a month of nonresponsiveness and misrepresentations from that dealership, I made an order May 6th with dealership 2, who said they had a late June or early July build slot. As of today, STILL no production number but I am supposedly next in line for the allocation to be filled "any day now" for a build in the first or second week of July. Beyond frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #74
rpiopio
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2011 X3 , 2000e39

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
As of today, STILL no production number but I am supposedly next in line for the allocation to be filled "any day now" for a build in the first or second week of July. Beyond frustrating.
Holy cow that is terrible. Builds in the first or second week of July should have already been known though. Are you sure this dealer isn't messing with you again?
      06-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #75
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Three months ago today I placed my order at dealership 1. After over a month of nonresponsiveness and misrepresentations from that dealership, I made an order May 6th with dealership 2, who said they had a late June or early July build slot. As of today, STILL no production number but I am supposedly next in line for the allocation to be filled "any day now" for a build in the first or second week of July. Beyond frustrating.
Did your dealer key in your order and give you a copy of the order acceptance sheet? Right on that sheet it has your build week on it. In my case, my second X3 order was placed in May with a week 28 build slot. It actually just started production early and will be done by June 30th. Your dealer should be able to give you your exact build week as they have this information.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #76
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Rpiopio, anything is possible at this point.

WTT, No I haven't seen an order acceptance sheet or anything. I was so discouraged with the results of the first order that I've just been laying low with the second one and not asking too many questions. At least dealership 2 assured me they actually had a production allocation which dealership 1 did not.

Perhaps it is just not meant to be...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #77
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
[QUOTE=periwinkle;9907659]Rpiopio, anything is possible at this point.

WTT, No I haven't seen an order acceptance sheet or anything. I was so discouraged with the results of the first order that I've just been laying low with the second one and not asking too many questions. At least dealership 2 assured me they actually had a production allocation which dealership 1 did not.

I would ask dealer #2 for a copy of your order sheet since they should have given you one to begin with. At least you'll know when your production slot is for sure. Sad that the dealers are treating you this way
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #78
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

Wow, I'm shocked. I remember posting in this thread way back when my car was on order... If I recall you ordered just after me by about a week or so and it only took me a total of 5 weeks from order to delivery, now I've had my X3 for over a month and have over 1700 miles on it.

I can't believe your car isn't even in production yet, that totally sucks. I hope your second dealer will get everything straight. Did you go to the Eastside or down south? Surprisingly, I've had a very positive experience with Bellevue so far, even though when I first walked in that place it felt a bit pretentious.

Goodluck, I hope you get your order sorted out and your car in production soon. It's well worth the wait, you'll love it! Hang in there.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #79
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sabian, I went down to Oregon the second time. I wanted to avoid having a bad experience with all three local dealerships! (We had had a bad service experience on a brand new X5 at Bellevue last year.) Hopefully, fingers crossed, it will start building shortly. Thanks for the optimism. I've started to see X3s on the road around Seattle in the past month. Glad you're enjoying yours!!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #80
lhsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: kia

periwinkle,

ty at portland bmw is great to work with; a real straight shooter. kuni is a bunch of idiots and can't be trusted. bmw of salem is also challenged, but it appears it's more ignorance than malice.

the problem for us in the PNW is that the X3 is well suited for area and allocations are slim. most have no allocations until the end of the year. i ended up going down south to california for my order (ryan amico at steve thomas bmw - who is fantastic to work with). he had an allocation available for build. ordered end of may and should be receiving it within the next few weeks. price was great as well.

you may want to call dealerships in CA, AZ or other states where the X3 isn't as popular.

good luck in your search!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #81
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

LHSA, Thanks for the info. Heaven forbid I should have to go to round 3, I will definitely use it.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #82
lhsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: kia

who did you order through?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #83
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Does anyone have contact info for BMW before a production number is issued? (I assume the 800 number is a computerized system that needs a production number.)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #84
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hey Periwinkle I read your last post and I'm curious if you ended up buying a car from Oregon.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bad experience from BMW of Seattle, I too bought my X3 from there back in mid Feburary and the experience was generally good, and the service dept was nice when fixing an issue I had. Although I understand you don't want to buy your car from Bellevue due to a bad experience you had with your X5 when dealing with the service dept I'd suggest that you try and see if you can threaten your CA in Seattle and tell him/her that you're going to buy from Bellevue instead. I know for a fact that Bellevue and Seattle dispise each other and would rather make less of a profit than to lose a customer to either location.

In addition although it seems weird that Seattle hasn't given you a more offical looking statement other than the options list and the price you agreed on don't be afraid because that's the only thing they gave me too and it only took about 2 months from the time I ordered to the time I recieved my 35i.

Since you haven't gone into production yet nor recieved your production number nothing is offical at this moment so I suggest you play around with the dealerships. This is what I did and told both Bellevue and Seattle that each dealership is offering a better price and ended up getting the car in Seattle even though I live in Bellevue and got bumped up to an earlier production date even though both dealerships said they didn't have any 35i slots, only 28i.

Quote:
Does anyone have contact info for BMW before a production number is issued? (I assume the 800 number is a computerized system that needs a production number.)
The 800 number is computerized but also gives you an option to speak to a real person. However I'm not sure if the person at the 800 number would be that helpful without a production number so its still best to try and speak with your CA no matter how difficult they're being.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #85
walendvay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 F25 28i; '13 E84 35i

where is the production sheet on the build order? I have a vehicle inquiry report and it says status 112 at the top. I am not sure where the ww production date is.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #86
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks Beyu. I switched my first order (March 27) to Oregon after my order at the Seattle dealership had been pending over a month and they suddenly came clean that they had never had an allocation for my order, none had been coming in, and they had no idea when they would get one. At that time (about May 4) the Oregon dealership said they had an allocation for a July build - which they later said was about July 9th. Based on that, I canceled my Seattle order. Now it sounds like Oregon probably never had an allocation as my second order has been pending for nearly 2 months with no production number, for a total of over 3 months wait so far. I did get a better price from Oregon but to have completely re-started the process once already for no tangible improvement is really disheartening and I don't really want to start over at a third dealership (or even spend any more time and energy dealing with it). I feel deceived by the whole experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #87
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'm sorry to hear the difficulty you're having when trying to order your car Periwinkle, you'd think dealers would be more concerned about selling their cars and making a profit than a customer who's willing to spend $50k and buy one of their products.

I'm not sure if either Seattle or Oregon asked you to put down a deposit but if they didn't there's no harm in ordering from more than one dealership and see who gives you the production slot first.

I hope everything goes well but if it doesn't why not wait around for a month or two if you don't need a new car right away or perhaps shop around for a bit, there's many great cars in the X3's class and cars up to the $50k range.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #88
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Without knowing for sure, this sure sounds like a valid reason to email customer support at BMWNA and basically tell them you've tried to order from two different dealers and they're accepting the order initially only to reveal that they're doing nothing. Ask BMWNA to recommend a third dealer to you.

At least, I think that's what Customer Service is for ...

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0