BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #45
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInDenver
The X4 looks better in person than it does in pictures, like most current BMW models. Still, it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity. It doesn't quite exude "badass" the way the X6 does. It needs larger wheels and, to my eyes, slightly wider axle design. The tires need to be the widest visual component of the car. I'm not sure the character line on the rear hip works so well, and they did the same thing on the redesigned X6.

In sum, these two cars are probably more similar than different in terms of real-world driving. The Macan looks substantially cooler than one would expect, and the X4 looks less cool than it should. People will pan the BMW interior because it looks a little "2010" and praise the Porsche interior, but anyone seeing each for the first time would agree that the BMW interior is nicer.

MSRPs are surprisingly similar, yet BMW's astoundingly good leasing program, plus the (probable) lower demand for the X4 compared to the Macan, will combine to make it much less expensive to drive an X4. Porsche will sell as many Macans as they can build, and it will be a total success for them.
Agree on the design. Porsche has the better external design, while BMW, even if it's a bit dated, does the interior far better. What's with all the buttons, Porsche?

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #46
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay View Post
But I still can't stand the look of the M-Sport pack for the new X4 - X-Line is way better looking at might actually give the Porsche a run for it's money look
+1 Msport is so awful don't understand why they used it as launch car. in my eyes xline prettier than the Macan
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 11:57 AM   #47
Sarsippius3rd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X4 28i

Does he push the hill descent button and say it is the off road button? Am i to believe that that button can be used off road? Not that I am taking mine off road, but would be a nice benefit....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 11:33 PM   #48
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

red-sauerkraut: SAAB 9000 was introduced in 1984 - GM bought SAAB in 1989.
My 9000 is slightly improved with 18" Wheels - otherwise STD.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 02:39 AM   #49
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Cool BMW time for a X4M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_do33 View Post
i don't think the Macan has enough buttons in the center console.
BMW time for an X4M!

Well the new BMW X5 has increased in size once again, maybe for BMW not to make the X7, the new Range Rover has gotten bloated - might as well drive a Suburban. The X3 well does not a enough sportiness and still no M version yet. The X6M that I sat in was well, impressive! For my needs the full sized SAV/SUV have gotten way to big for my quick handling needs, and and also not to mention mpg. So I requested BMW North America to design a smaller version of the X6, and bam' the newer X4 Concept was unveiled then it went straight in to production, great! Well I got to see it and sit in it as well at this past summers The BMW Un4gettable Test Drive. The crew were issued a white X4 to travel from event to event in. No one even noticed it as it was not front and center, and with the buzz of the i3 in the air it went un noticed and not even mention that it was their. By the way the i3 is kick ass besides for its eco-box exterior styling, the future is here.

Back to the X4 well it was sleek and sexy, and tough as well and man it felt well build and engineered, the driving position was right on - not to high just right, and man it felt sporty as it should. The size for our needs was spot on!!! I think the Macan's exterior is bad ass, but I will take the less is more sleeker BMW interior design any day. I could never see purchasing a Porsche regards to reliability and lack of dealerships for any needed service while traveling.

The older M3's and the new M4 is my favorite car. But I also grew up with a VW Wagon and an amazing Volvo 240DL Wagon stick shift aka: "The Tank" and man you can put so much stuff in them and well they drove like a car. So I was always in search for a AWD hybrid, not to big or mommy mini SUV and no longer a wagon especially that BMW NA is not really marketing and bringing them in the U.S. any more. For me the X4 is the ticket once they make it a a full M version, that will be kick ass when they do. And for all of you guys their is a whole lot of room with the seats folded down, I think it is going to sell well. I can't wait to take a test drive as well as the M4. If the sales of the Macan is a good as they say well an X4M must be around the corner.

Great real world compairson video by the way!

Last edited by DCG; 09-26-2014 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 01:31 AM   #50
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

X4 will be offered in an M Performance version only. Too bad they didn't offered a better interior! The back of the Macan is not so cool too!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 05:09 AM   #51
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
X4 will be offered in an M Performance version only. Too bad they didn't offered a better interior! The back of the Macan is not so cool too!
Well hopefully BMW will consider and follow through with a full M version of the X4 & X3. Not everyone wants a large SAV or SAC, I like and can afford the mid-sized ones but I want a full powerful M version with all the full M trimmings!

M Sport Package is a nice added option to BMW's lineup, but for me it is all or nothing regards to the overall design and engineering and full M trimmings.

Last edited by DCG; 09-30-2014 at 05:14 AM..
Appreciate 0