BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
lyntonhu
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 30D

Just ordered X3 30D yesterday...

Hello all,

Just put down a deposit for X3 30D yesterday, and was told the production will start in June and the car should be here in September.

Here are the options:
- Pro Nav
- Xenon lights
- Top view
- 19inch 309 rim
- Sun roof

The colour is alpine white.

I was offered a protection package called Fusion protection from a company called Advanced Protection. This includes paint protection with nano-ceramic technology, leather and carpet treatment against UV, heat and grime. The price is $2990 AUD includes window tinting for $895 AUD. It also has a life time warranty that I was told if anything happens to the paint I can bring the car to the dealer they will fix it up. I said yes to the offer but I won't have to pay until the car is here.

After I got home I kind of regretted about the package, it's quite expensive, for that price I can probably upgrade to professional sound system...

Has anyone heard of the package? Is it worth the money?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
swallowtail
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Competition DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyntonhu
Hello all,

Just put down a deposit for X3 30D yesterday, and was told the production will start in June and the car should be here in September.

Here are the options:
- Pro Nav
- Xenon lights
- Top view
- 19inch 309 rim
- Sun roof

The colour is alpine white.

I was offered a protection package called Fusion protection from a company called Advanced Protection. This includes paint protection with nano-ceramic technology, leather and carpet treatment against UV, heat and grime. The price is $2990 AUD includes window tinting for $895 AUD. It also has a life time warranty that I was told if anything happens to the paint I can bring the car to the dealer they will fix it up. I said yes to the offer but I won't have to pay until the car is here.

After I got home I kind of regretted about the package, it's quite expensive, for that price I can probably upgrade to professional sound system...

Has anyone heard of the package? Is it worth the money?
DON'T DO IT!! :-)

They always try it on. I just bought my 30d, and was quoted similar.

I said no, and organised my own tinting ($275), Opti-Coat ($499, google it), and a packet of leather wipes ($5).

The Opti-Coat and wipes were at the recommendation of Kim from Detail Evolution here in Brisbane. Save yourself the money, spend it on something worthwhile.

Edit - the Opti-Coat also has lifetime paintwork warranty.
      04-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
lyntonhu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swallowtail View Post
DON'T DO IT!! :-)

They always try it on. I just bought my 30d, and was quoted similar.

I said no, and organised my own tinting ($275), Opti-Coat ($499, google it), and a packet of leather wipes ($5).

The Opti-Coat and wipes were at the recommendation of Kim from Detail Evolution here in Brisbane. Save yourself the money, spend it on something worthwhile.

Edit - the Opti-Coat also has lifetime paintwork warranty.
Thanks for your replay swallowtail, I checked on the Opti-Coat, the only authorized applicator here in WA charges $1100 to $1250 depends on how many coats: http://www.freedomcarcare.com.au/special%20services.htm (I guess X3 is not a small car and not a sedan, it must fall into the large car category). The price hits up to $1850 if include leather treatment.

It is cheaper than the one BMW offered, but still much more expensive than what you have paid. I guess Perth is such an isolated place and there is only one authorized applicator, the price will be sky high...
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
swallowtail
Private
Australia
Rep

Wow. The Brisbane installer gave me a bargain! That's a shame, it's good stuff.

I wouldn't have done it had it been that expensive.
      04-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
It all OK.

You bought the Alpine White car.

Just carry a bottle of liquid paper in the glove box.

Now if you had ordered the Carbon Black, then you would have to worry about protecting the paint.

(And I'm not bitter at all about my wife driving our X3 into the gate and putting marks down three panels and two door handles just to ensure she didn't drive over a toad )

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
swallowtail
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
It all OK.

You bought the Alpine White car.

Just carry a bottle of liquid paper in the glove box.

Now if you had ordered the Carbon Black, then you would have to worry about protecting the paint.

(And I'm not bitter at all about my wife driving our X3 into the gate and putting marks down three panels and two door handles just to ensure she didn't drive over a toad )
LOL... and ouch!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #7
swallowtail
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyntonhu View Post
Thanks for your replay swallowtail, I checked on the Opti-Coat, the only authorized applicator here in WA charges $1100 to $1250 depends on how many coats: http://www.freedomcarcare.com.au/special%20services.htm (I guess X3 is not a small car and not a sedan, it must fall into the large car category). The price hits up to $1850 if include leather treatment.

It is cheaper than the one BMW offered, but still much more expensive than what you have paid. I guess Perth is such an isolated place and there is only one authorized applicator, the price will be sky high...
Lyntonhu, you have PMs from other members blocked... can you drop me a PM or an email through the site please, I have some good news for you...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 04:32 AM   #8
lyntonhu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swallowtail View Post
Lyntonhu, you have PMs from other members blocked... can you drop me a PM or an email through the site please, I have some good news for you...
I don't have PM available yet, I need 5 posts...
Appreciate 0